Possible flooding case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetwood

Reaction score
First Name
I
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Does this look like too much fuel spray to you guys?

I have a possible flooding case.
Don't look at the wires going to the injectors or the melted injector plugs lol

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
No offense, but that video was freakin horrible, pretty much useless. By the time the injectors start spraying the camera jumps and moves away in an instant. Could you get us a longer video, or at least one where the camera doesn't move away as soon as the important stuff starts happening? Also it looks like they were pulsing. With no sound I can't tell if that was three quick stabs of the throttle or if it just randomly sprayed three times under steady throttle.

A proper spray will be a nice even cone of mist, there should be no "blobs" or "drips" or a stream or anything of the sort. These injectors do go bad somewhat commonly now in their old age, and it will run like a pig. What other symptoms do you have besides what is not clearly visible in this video? What makes you think it's flooding or running rich, what led you to suspect the injectors to begin with?

Fleetwood

Reaction score
First Name
I
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No offense, but that video was freakin horrible, pretty much useless. By the time the injectors start spraying the camera jumps and moves away in an instant. Could you get us a longer video, or at least one where the camera doesn't move away as soon as the important stuff starts happening? Also it looks like they were pulsing. With no sound I can't tell if that was three quick stabs of the throttle or if it just randomly sprayed three times under steady throttle.

A proper spray will be a nice even cone of mist, there should be no "blobs" or "drips" or a stream or anything of the sort. These injectors do go bad somewhat commonly now in their old age, and it will run like a pig. What other symptoms do you have besides what is not clearly visible in this video? What makes you think it's flooding or running rich, what led you to suspect the injectors to begin with?
Sorry for the bad video I can try to get a better one tomorrow. I think it's flooding. This was wen it was just being cranked with no throttle. When I let it sit for a day or two it will sound more like it is going to start, but gets bogged down really fast. When I let it sit for a few hours it will fire a couple times but then stop. Tomorrow I'm going to unplug the injectors and see if it runs for a little bit on starting fluid.

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Sounds like a plan. Exactly what I would have suggested next.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare