Please talk me out of selling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okie

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This is my 84
You must be registered for see images

Ive had it a few years(dad had it a long time before I got it). Anyways I just got done rebuilding the engine, trannys, all that good stuff. I love driving the truck but I find it sits at home more and more. I like driving my new sierra. I dont want to get rid of my 84 but I don't want it to sit either. I think I may be leaning towards selling just so it doesn't rot away.

So please talk me out of it before it is gone:(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It won't rot away. So long as you find time every 2-3 months to take it for a spin just to let it stretch it's legs, it'll last forever if you're not driving it in snow and icy weather or get it a good rinse of the undercarriage shortly thereafter.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Don't sell it just park it in my driveway and I'll keep it clean and driven 5 day a week. All free of charge :)

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
This is my 84
You must be registered for see images

Ive had it a few years(dad had it a long time before I got it). Anyways I just got done rebuilding the engine, trannys, all that good stuff. I love driving the truck but I find it sits at home more and more. I like driving my new sierra. I dont want to get rid of my 84 but I don't want it to sit either. I think I may be leaning towards selling just so it doesn't rot away.

So please talk me out of it before it is gone:(

you know the day you sell it your gonna need an old pickup for something and wish u didn't sell it

Okie

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Don't sell it just park it in my driveway and I'll keep it clean and driven 5 day a week. All free of charge :)

Hah! I wish I could. Unfortunately I don't think my wife would go for that.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
If it's money you need, sell the new Sierra and ditch the monthly payment. The Sierra will rot away long before the 84 will.

Okie

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If it's money you need, sell the new Sierra and ditch the monthly payment. The Sierra will rot away long before the 84 will.

The new sierra doesn't have a payment. And no its not the money I need. It sit for 8 years without driving before I tore it apart and rebuilt it. Just dont want that to happen again.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Then I say add it to the rotation in the fleet and drive a day or two a week, or for a week, the the Sierra for a week. I have three vehicles in my fleet. My neighbors call me 007 because I can drive by in the truck in the morning and then they'll see me in one of the other vehicles in the afternoon, and then another that night. They do need to stretch their legs, so instead of selling it, just drive it more.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I can tell You how it has worked for Me.
Every time I have sold off something that I have spent money and time, getting it to a nice and reliable condition, rather it be a vehicle or a motorcicle, rifle or shotgun, I think, Well, what the heck, I aint using it, why let it set ?
Then : after it is gone, then, the money is gone, then I am standing there, boy, that sure was dumb, and wishing I had not went and sold it off.
I can feel it, that is the way it will be with this vehicle too.
If You do`nt have a building that You can put it in, Then, build You a simple shed from a few pieces of OSB, install a set of barn doors on the shed, then, place a nice redwood or treated 2X8 or whatever size of lumber for the width of the tires, and drive it up onto the wood, then, it is there, for whenever You might take a hankering to take it for a spin.
It will happen, there will be days when You will be wishing that You could take Your old 84 for a drive and it wont be there, that day will come whan You will say, driving this new rig is getting boring, sure wish I had the old 84 back.
I sell nothing, even if it does`nt run, I hang onto them rigs. I have My 79 K2500 setting over at My Sons house/propity, I see it but a few times a year, I love that old S.B. but I know, it is there, if I ever need it or want to work on something, I go and get it, even if I just feel like taking it for a drive, warm it up, climb a hill or impress people with the crusty O~L gal, it is there, sort of like My comfort blanket.
I have had a lot f opportunity to sell the old beast, but, I never will.
When I am dead and gone, My boys can have a rummage or auction sale, I will not care by then, it will be up to them to keep or sell.
I have a piece of My life invested into them old outfits, they are not for sale.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
If the truck was your dads and meant enough to keep it and fix it up, you will regret selling it. I've sold a few peaces off over the years that still regret selling and I have around 50 squares now

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can tell You how it has worked for Me.
Every time I have sold off something that I have spent money and time, getting it to a nice and reliable condition, rather it be a vehicle or a motorcicle, rifle or shotgun, I think, Well, what the heck, I aint using it, why let it set ?
Then : after it is gone, then, the money is gone, then I am standing there, boy, that sure was dumb, and wishing I had not went and sold it off.
I can feel it, that is the way it will be with this vehicle too.
If You do`nt have a building that You can put it in, Then, build You a simple shed from a few pieces of OSB, install a set of barn doors on the shed, then, place a nice redwood or treated 2X8 or whatever size of lumber for the width of the tires, and drive it up onto the wood, then, it is there, for whenever You might take a hankering to take it for a spin.
It will happen, there will be days when You will be wishing that You could take Your old 84 for a drive and it wont be there, that day will come whan You will say, driving this new rig is getting boring, sure wish I had the old 84 back.
I sell nothing, even if it does`nt run, I hang onto them rigs. I have My 79 K2500 setting over at My Sons house/propity, I see it but a few times a year, I love that old S.B. but I know, it is there, if I ever need it or want to work on something, I go and get it, even if I just feel like taking it for a drive, warm it up, climb a hill or impress people with the crusty O~L gal, it is there, sort of like My comfort blanket.
I have had a lot f opportunity to sell the old beast, but, I never will.
When I am dead and gone, My boys can have a rummage or auction sale, I will not care by then, it will be up to them to keep or sell.
I have a piece of My life invested into them old outfits, they are not for sale.

Well said. How much in your heart does this truck really mean to you.

If you took the time to come on here and write a post about it that tells me that you are needing some form of a reason or verification to sell.

But honestly nobody can give you that reason.

Okie

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If the truck was your dads and meant enough to keep it and fix it up, you will regret selling it. I've sold a few peaces off over the years that still regret selling and I have around 50 squares now

My dad has had it since 91 my great uncle before that. I like the truck had a lot of good memories in it. I don't necessarily feel it would break my heart to see it go. I have asked dad if he wanted it back if I were to get rid of it. He said heck no hah. For now I will keep it an try an drive it to work a time or two a week. It's certainly not costing me anything to keep it around.

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69