Pex door striker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I have a 87 r20 lwb 3speed with granny low. My wife has a 95 burban. Recently in her burban we have had trouble closing both front doors. Hinges arnt the best but everything still lines up and door sag is only about 1/4 in. Does the pex door striker mod work on a 95? I know they work on our older trucks but instead of joining another forum id rather just ask here. Hopefully someone knows and i can save some time. Thanks in advance for the help and information

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
they have similar, but different dimensions. Parts store should have the correct part. 1/4" of sag indicates severely wore/damaged hinges. Hinge pins are easy to replace and should help some.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, 95 body style is notorious for hinge pin wear. They sell the pins in the HELP section at most discount auto stores.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I guess i can replace her hinge pins. Though the money shod be going to my truck lol

Shilaeli hugger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Burdaddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Ive done the hinge pins when i had a 99 'hoe. Didnt really care for it. My buddy fixed his daughters sonoma by weldin a lil to the hole for the pin and usin a long drill bit thru top hole and vice versa to fix it. No problems so far for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28