Overhead Truck accessories????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Anyone ever have any luck with any overhead truck accessories in the sb trucks?

More interested in the over head gun racks and how they mount. I dont wanna use to long of screws and run al the way thru the top of the cab so how long of a screw can be used SAFELY?

If you got pictures post them

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I had that overhead storage thing in a past Burb from JCW that mounts with the existing screws for the windshield visors. And the visors mount under it. It was a decent accessory, I am actually thinking about getting another one for my current Burb. They come in different colors too.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
I don't know about storing guns overhead!! That thing shakes loose it will knock you out. lol.. I have never seen one so not much help.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This is in the 85 K10. I'll be using it for sure.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 85ChevK10 024b.jpg
    85ChevK10 024b.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 381

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It was in the truck when I bought it. The PO was a bigtime hunter. Deer and hunt stickers on the rear windows, Deer tags in the glove box, hunting regs under the seat etc. He just used it as his hunting truck til he sold it to the guys I bought it from after they robbed the powertrain out of it. They just wanted the motor, tcase, trans and front dshaft, I got the rest of the truck for $200 with the gun rack.

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Anyone ever have any luck with any overhead truck accessories in the sb trucks?

More interested in the over head gun racks and how they mount. I dont wanna use to long of screws and run al the way thru the top of the cab so how long of a screw can be used SAFELY?

If you got pictures post them

I wouldnt use more than a screw that goes more than 1/2" passed the mounting surface of the accessory. Take the headliner down, and see where the crossbeam(s) are, and try to use those.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The roof of the truck is double walled, so I'd try to keep it at 1/4 in into the ceiling of the truck and you should be good to go and not hit the 2nd layer or the outside roof of the truck. You can pull your dome light out inside the cab and get an idea of what I'm referring to.
Most of these trucks don't have headliners Jim. Of my 6 Silverados, only 2 had a headliner. That of course doesn't mean someone didn't take it out, but I installed the headliner from another truck into my 84. Makes a big difference on rain noise, and the interior sound is better too. Heater works better too in the winter. I'm hoping it also helps the AC when I get it working.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
The roof of the truck is double walled, so I'd try to keep it at 1/4 in into the ceiling of the truck and you should be good to go and not hit the 2nd layer or the outside roof of the truck. You can pull your dome light out inside the cab and get an idea of what I'm referring to.
Most of these trucks don't have headliners Jim. Of my 6 Silverados, only 2 had a headliner. That of course doesn't mean someone didn't take it out, but I installed the headliner from another truck into my 84. Makes a big difference on rain noise, and the interior sound is better too. Heater works better too in the winter. I'm hoping it also helps the AC when I get it working.

I didnt know the P/u's were doubled, did know that they didnt come with headliners...thats one of the bigger gripes from people.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
OLp...just mount the sunuvubitch on a turret above the cab...not like your in California or anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30