Oil Pressure & Temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Replacing my gauge cluster, the oil pressure gauge and the temp gauge didnt work, so PO had put in those 2 as extra gauges, but the oil pressure ones mechanical. Can the temperature one be mechanical or electronic, or just 1?

So, how do you attach the wire on the back f the oil pressure guage? What terminal does it go to/what else goes on the terminals. I know i run the wire to the oil pressure whatever the thing is, that gives the variable resistence, so what actually attaches to the gauge? Thanks!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Are you eliminating the aftermarket gauges and going back to a factory instrument panel?

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Are you eliminating the aftermarket gauges and going back to a factory instrument panel?

Yup, so my question is, what connects to the back of the factory temp and oil pressure gauges? I dont believe i have any of the original wiring for it, so just what attaches there and how?

Thanks

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
In back of the instrument panel there should be a harness connector that plugs into the printed circuit board here:

You must be registered for see images attach

The copper conductors within the PC board provide a connection from the harness plug to a series of spring clamps (three for each gauge) that are incorporated into the panel shell. The clamps look like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

On the back of the gauges are 3 studs that press into the spring clamps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP