Oil pressure gauge.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Italianwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Ok seen allot of posts about oil pressure gauges. Here’s mine lol.
Worked on the cluster and then gauge would not work after reassembly. Turned truck on and tried to see if the circuit board wasn’t making contact... and now it’s stuck dead center on 30.

did I short it or the circuit board??

You must be registered for see images attach

Italianwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Any body got ideas on n this? Gonna dig into the cluster and try to fix it?

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Any body got ideas on n this? Gonna dig into the cluster and try to fix it?
Sometimes I have to slap the dash and it fixes it mine. Lol Being stuck in the middle is a strange one

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i am not sure what would cause it to stick but mine moves freely and the volt meter is snappy as hell. strange. maybe make sure the needle doesnt contact the plastic holding it? needle pushed on all way?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Always have an easy way out you can send it to me and Ill see if it works if it doesnt you can have mine which looks the same but is dirty and faded needle :)
I would rather inspect your coolant gauge since mine doesnt have number i mean it may do it anytime now its only moments away!

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just put a Tee in mine. Rite off the block , that way I’ve got a manual copper fed line to a gauge , plus my factory oil sender gauge still works! If it fails I’ve got my manual gauge , it will never fail!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Unplug the sender with the ignition on, see if it pegs to full pressure. Then ground the sender wire and see if the gauge reads zero. If the gauge doesn't move, you'll probably have to pull it for inspection. But be sure to smack the top of the dash before going to that kind of trouble, lol.

Italianwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
If I pull the gauge for inspection how do I now if it’s bad?

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
If I pull the gauge for inspection how do I now if it’s bad?
The easiest way to test it is with the instrument cluster opened up (but still connected), make sure the three posts on the gauge are making contact, then grounding and open circuiting the wire at the sending unit. Sending units are the most likely failure point.

I've only smacked an instrument cluster once. It killed three bulbs and didn't fix the problem. #fʊckthat

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The easiest way to test it is with the instrument cluster opened up (but still connected), make sure the three posts on the gauge are making contact, then grounding and open circuiting the wire at the sending unit. Sending units are the most likely failure point.

I've only smacked an instrument cluster once. It killed three bulbs and didn't fix the problem. #fʊckthat
Oof Imagnie if that happened to a cluster with soldered bulbs too.

Also that reminds me, someone gave me a 2004 grand prix cluster that works but has a hole int he plastic cover where the guy punched it...

He said he replaced the thing because the gauges werent working and i told him it was likely the CANbus communication error with your IPC not the gauges and he said yeah I figured it wasnt them after I replaced it.

I just didnt say anything. I have a cluster of unknwon value but a punched face. Matches my 98 park avenue cluster which has a punched face for different reason(fell). I doubt i can buy just the cover.. but it would be all it needs to have two good clusters lol

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
Oof Imagnie if that happened to a cluster with soldered bulbs too.

Also that reminds me, someone gave me a 2004 grand prix cluster that works but has a hole int he plastic cover where the guy punched it...

He said he replaced the thing because the gauges werent working and i told him it was likely the CANbus communication error with your IPC not the gauges and he said yeah I figured it wasnt them after I replaced it.

I just didnt say anything. I have a cluster of unknwon value but a punched face. Matches my 98 park avenue cluster which has a punched face for different reason(fell). I doubt i can buy just the cover.. but it would be all it needs to have two good clusters lol
I got lucky... It was an older vehicle that used PC168 bulbs... far enough back where they didn't even solder the bulbs in the holder (like our trucks).

My Lumina, on the other hand, has a dark heater control panel and 2/3 dark radio; I just haven't felt like breaking out the soldering iron to replace bulbs. It's only had a of couple easily replaceable bulbs burn out (of course).

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I got lucky... It was an older vehicle that used PC168 bulbs... far enough back where they didn't even solder the bulbs in the holder (like our trucks).

My Lumina, on the other hand, has a dark heater control panel and 2/3 dark radio; I just haven't felt like breaking out the soldering iron to replace bulbs. It's only had a of couple easily replaceable bulbs burn out (of course).
I hate gm for doing that. If they were gonna do the solder bulb thing they really should have used LEDs even tho it would have been costly then.. just there is so much dead spots on so many parts of so much of my cars stuff that it would be insane to chase that with bulbs and a solder iron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man