No Spark...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ok, so just put my motor back together, everything up and going. At first I didn't have spark, new coil fixed that. Ran great at idle, going down the road everything. Took it home, stopped someplace, got back in started right back up. I tried to get on it and it seemed like it was not throwing the power out that it should. Then about a mile down the road I hit a stop sign and the thing died. Wouldn't start back up. Let it sit and tried again, still no start. Motor turns over just doesn't hit. I checked spark and no spark. exchanged the coil, still nothing. I have power to it, and it's grounded. Where should I look next? Truck is still sitting at that stop sign.. from 3 hours ago... well in a parking lot at that stop sign, lol. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!

tubby0

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
How are you checking that there is no spark? Pulling a plug and grounding it? You are sure you have fuel getting to cylinder right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
If you installed an old distributor, you may have a bad module or Pickup coil.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Module

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Cheap enough insurance to do both, but do the pickup coil first, if that doesnt work, do the module. That way you know what the problem was. Also, ddo you have anything else running off the coil power wire? That has been known to cause problems too. And try to use AC Delco parts only.

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Fixed!! Sorry I didn't get back to the forum sooner, been super busy. I changed out the ignition control module and she fired right up. Autozone tested it 6 times and said it was good. But, of course, it was bad, problem fixed and I'm back to cruising!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06