newish to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82flatdeck

Reaction score
First Name
rylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
Good day! i am newish to the forums. I didn't realize it had an into stop but i figured better late than never. Little bit about me. Im not really a chev guy just a squarebody/bigblock guy. I fell in love with the squarebodies when one of my good buddies got seventy something i don't remember anymore for free from a neighbor and we tinkered with it got the 305 running drove it a bit but the frame was toast so he bought a 73 with a 383 and a bad tranny. he got the tranny rebuilt and me and him would go wheeling with his truck and my 89 ford ranger. lucky for him his was not a dd mine was. i spent alot of Saturdays having fun Sundays fixing like crazy and Mondays limping into work to buy the parts i didn't have (luckily i worked at napa at the time cause i bagged that truck hard). Eventually i blew up the engine that was in my ranger (it was a when not if) and ended up borrowing my buddies 73 up until the point that the bolts he had bottomed out in the torque converter snapped off in the middle of the highway. then i moved from bc to alberta got a newer vehicle for a dd (after killing a ford explorer) a much better paying job and after a year of looking i finally found the 82 k3500 that i know own. its got a 454 i just rebuilt a manual trans and is everything i wanted. so here i am enjoying this forum and tinkering on my truck. Which along with my 83 rx7 bleed my wallet dry and i'm not to sad about it! I have started doing a build thread on my truck for anyone who is interested.

steelburner83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
7.4L
sounds like you have your hands full, I purchased a 87 454 truck and have been chasing minor things for at least a year. good luck, it will bleed your wallet slowly...

82flatdeck

Reaction score
First Name
rylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
Haha well actually its already drained my wallet. But this isnt my first rodeo when it comes to building something. Im pretty used to a vehicle devouring my money haha.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome

Mr Clean

Super Moderator