Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
1977 Chevrolet 454 Burb, 1976 Sierra 15 long bed
Truck Model
Sierra 15
Engine Size
454, 350
I bought a 1986 Shortbed chevy...I know very little about cars but hope to learn how to tinker on them in retirement. I'm afraid I'll be asking a bunch of dumb questions.
First issue is how to replace a headlight that is out. I then hope to move on to non working dash lights and gauges. I hope this site will help me learn about these issues and about this hobby. I have been cleaning my truck all day. I will post pictures one I finish detailing the truck...thanks

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB. :wave:

Don't be afraid of "dumb questions" here. We're not like many forums. We're a bit loose with the rules so you might some off topic ******** and getting out on the edge, but nudity, blood, guts, gore and bullying which includes name calling and belittling aren't tolerated. Most of the guys here are adults and realize we deal with all different mechanical ability level from people who don't even know how to lube their muffler bearings to rebuild one of these trucks down to each and every bolt, washer and wire in the truck.

So ask away, but we do get a bit ****** if we don't get to see pics. You might consider starting you an Under Construction thread. Great way to get help and track your own before and after progress. :waytogo:

Go here and then hit the New Thread button. http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25 Give your build thread a title and start posting away.

Reno81K20

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
1981 & 1985
Truck Model
K-20 & C-20
Engine Size
350 4Spd & 350 Automatic
Just remember, The only dumb question is the one never asked.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome!

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
Welcome and don't be afraid to ask I came in here not knowing much about these trucks and now even after I asked all the dumb questions I have learned quite a bit about them

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer