New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
Hello,

My names Chris, and I'm new the forum. This is my second project, and my first truck/ American car.
I have a BMW E30 and have owned a few different german cars since 15. The reason I bought a truck was because I really needed something to haul the engines/ bigger things I kept buying for my E30.

I started researching trucks and found this chassis and instantly loved it. Anyways on to the important stuff. Its a stock 1987 GMC R1500, was left out in a field for the past 15 years, and started out life in 87 at Owings Mills MD, been around MD for the past 30 years and now is sitting back in Owings Mills haha. I picked it up at the beginning of the COVID pandemic.

PO couldn't get it to run (clogged fuel filter) and I picked it up rather cheap.

Has a V6 and I think a 700R4 trans? I'm still trying to figure out how to identify stuff and all the nuances of American builds. Goals are to slowly finish up restoring her and move onto LS swapping it or AC... whatever I need more lol.

It has all new maintenance items (ignition/fuel/coolant parts) and ive only left off on brakes because I dont know what I want to go with yet. I have given it a 3/4" drop using CPP parts and KYB shocks. I gave it new LED headlights, new interior carpet, dash, speakers/ sub and am now onto sourcing a headliner and trim pieces.

I've already stripped it down to the frame and painted the truck a new color. I included photos from the day I bought it to now, and my E30 cuz why not.

You must be registered for see images attach

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome: Good luck with the new project truck

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Love e30s man. Me and my bud used to cruise around in his all the time when we were younger. He had the pre face lift model and we did the bumper tuck on a wall lol. Is the e30 stock?

I'm all for LS swaps and generally this board is pretty receptive to it but not without a little ball busting lol.

Truck looks sweet man, enjoy the ride.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
Love e30s man. Me and my bud used to cruise around in his all the time when we were younger. He had the pre face lift model and we did the bumper tuck on a wall lol. Is the e30 stock?

I'm all for LS swaps and generally this board is pretty receptive to it but not without a little ball busting lol.

Truck looks sweet man, enjoy the ride.

Yeah I really love my E30 haha I doubt ill ever sell it.

It is pretty far from stock. It is on coil over adjusters/ with Koni yellows, megasquirt ECU that I tuned myself, finishing up a big 6 M30 swap (from a 5 series), LEDs, rebuilt 3.73 LSD, full poly bushings, all new interior and sound system.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Yeah I really love my E30 haha I doubt ill ever sell it.

It is pretty far from stock. It is on coil over adjusters/ with Koni yellows, megasquirt ECU that I tuned myself, finishing up a big 6 M30 swap (from a 5 series), LEDs, rebuilt 3.73 LSD, full poly bushings, all new interior and sound system.

Sounds like a fun car! I remember those cars costing 800 bux for running driving ones, not any more lol. If you do sell at least itll be a nice payout. Probably not worth what you put into it or what it means to you. I have a real problem with buying cars i like to sell and never doing the selling part.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
Sounds like a fun car! I remember those cars costing 800 bux for running driving ones, not any more lol. If you do sell at least itll be a nice payout. Probably not worth what you put into it or what it means to you. I have a real problem with buying cars i like to sell and never doing the selling part.

Oh yeah haha those days are for the most part gone. Running and driving with 0 rot is getting pricey. I'm afraid to count how much I've sunk into it, hopefully it wont need anything but the fuel system is stock and probably needs to get addressed at some point....

Yeah all of my previous cars have been totaled besides 1. My dad really just likes to hit deer with my stuff lmfao. So I have yet to really start selling things

Babs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet CUCV
Engine Size
:welcome:

Craig 85

Full Access Member