New seat bottom foam vs re-building existing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Tank6x2 and @RecklessWOT , it’s all good guys.
Yes I’m going for original or period correct look over arguably better comfort and adjustability of transplanting newer seats into the truck. But all suggestions and feedback is welcome.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
@Tank6x2 and @RecklessWOT , it’s all good guys.
Yes I’m going for original or period correct look over arguably better comfort and adjustability of transplanting newer seats into the truck. But all suggestions and feedback is welcome.
Typically its only the lower cushion you need
You must be registered for see images attach

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
The only reason I switched out the bench was because I wanted new foam back and bottom as well as replace the cover. No one within miles would do it, and couldn't find new back foam online. Money from the bench sale paid for the new buckets.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The only reason I switched out the bench was because I wanted new foam back and bottom as well as replace the cover. No one within miles would do it, and couldn't find new back foam online. Money from the bench sale paid for the new buckets.
Fair enough. And nice truck!!

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
great information.....I have 2 seats I am sure one of the frames is good....then new foam!

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
I to had the new foam grafted on the old bottom foam. It was no better than the old foam, my as print was still there, and sunk in.
Eric

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Bennyt
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll look at H&H as well as a package deal for both pieces.

Just a tip, if you can plan ahead.... I plan on buying the more expensive premium foam from H&H. H&H will be at the C10 show near me in 2 weeks and by having them bring it to the show, I don't pay shipping. I've done that with hoods, quarters, bedsides, floor pans, etc. Look to see if there is any big shows like GoodGuys, SuperChevy, etc coming up near you and see what vendors are going to be there.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Jaysus Christmas bubba, I was trying make light of the situation and in a round bout way just make an off comment that I skimmed and gave an opinion, should of actually read like I normally do, no I’m not familiar but if you want dramatics this long winded love note sums it up for me bud, my feelers aren’t hurt bud, still think your a bit of Can’t Understand Normal Thinking kinda guy but let’s drop it here and just say Your Right, ok - ok
Har har you're really funny. Ooh calling me a c unt really hurt my feelings!!

Lol I was gonna act surprised that you thought a post that simply covered all it's bases was long winded, but then I and realized who I was talking to and feel bad about being "harsh".

Don't worry eh, I won't talk aboot such confusing stuffs like paying attention and whatnot *pats on head*. Der ya go bud...

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Har har you're really funny. Ooh calling me a c unt really hurt my feelings!!

Lol I was gonna act surprised that you thought a post that simply covered all it's bases was long winded, but then I and realized who I was talking to and feel bad about being "harsh".

Don't worry eh, I won't talk aboot such confusing stuffs like paying attention and whatnot *pats on head*. Der ya go bud...

Wtf ? But ok bubba. Dropping it now lol btw Never Called you a **** in any form of the word, how you came to the conclusion is all in you head, sorry if you were to think that…

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Easy guys…. Chill.
I started the thread and I’m not offended that tank suggested aftermarket seats so no one else should be.
Recklesswot I appreciate you picking up on what I’m doing with my truck and that take out seats out of another vehicle aren’t part of the plan, but by the same token my truck isn’t exactly factory correct on all accounts. I’m not after a numbers matching factory restoration, so technically anything is game.
Some of you will cringe more than if it had seats out of a different car when I get it done and it’s sporting 20” steelies AND that stupid Lund visor that I like!
Cheers!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just a tip, if you can plan ahead.... I plan on buying the more expensive premium foam from H&H. H&H will be at the C10 show near me in 2 weeks and by having them bring it to the show, I don't pay shipping. I've done that with hoods, quarters, bedsides, floor pans, etc. Look to see if there is any big shows like GoodGuys, SuperChevy, etc coming up near you and see what vendors are going to be there.
That’s a good idea. Thanks. We have a Good Guys show up here but it’s in the summer.

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Apologies for part I egged it on a little, thought a forum was an open space - but reading into reckless a bit / seeing what or he posts it’s not meant as personal attacks, I think there’s more to it and he needs to possibly seek some help for his issues, nice build sir, it’s better to do what you think is best to your ride.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Easy guys…. Chill.
I started the thread and I’m not offended that tank suggested aftermarket seats so no one else should be.
Recklesswot I appreciate you picking up on what I’m doing with my truck and that take out seats out of another vehicle aren’t part of the plan, but by the same token my truck isn’t exactly factory correct on all accounts. I’m not after a numbers matching factory restoration, so technically anything is game.
Some of you will cringe more than if it had seats out of a different car when I get it done and it’s sporting 20” steelies AND that stupid Lund visor that I like!
Cheers!
I love Lund visors. Pretty sure everyone here knows i hate 20" wheels on squares lol, but at least the rest of the truck isn't bad, and even the steelies aren't in your F-ing face shiny chrome things

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@RecklessWOT
That’s sort of why I made the comment about the 20s! Lol
I’m still on the fence though on the wheels.
I think 16x10 white steelies would look great too. And been eyeing up some 17”x10 slotted mags (not real mags, aluminum)
I appreciate sharing info and opinions with everyone here.
Now if I was sanding or priming every time I was f Ming around on this forum, truck would be ready to paint!
Cheers man!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I like the visor too. Main reason I was going to shi t can it was I thought it was the source of my windshield rust but it was not.
And now it’s less body work to keep it. A dozen less large holes I have to repair and I don’t have to straighten out the roof sheet metal that is tweaked from the visor install.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20