new resistor but no blower...why?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Gotta be!

All we gotta do is fix THAT.
:waytogo:
Well i tell ya what.... i popped a 20A fuse in it and sure as hell its worked. I think its partially in the switch tho because when i switched to the first speed and nothing but a little side to side wiggle and it came on.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Coo!
I dunno why I never put that 2 and 2 together..it OBVIOUSLY wasn't doing anything and EVERYTHING else in the truck (s) work - A/C.
Both of my trucks have halves dangling. I never bothered to put a fuse in and see wtf because everything important worked?
The Blazer's compressor won't come on but there are other wires doing nothing that I assume are related..
Whatever. I spent a few minutes looking for a blade fuse holder I know I have - after I only found 1A glass fuses. (not enough lol)
Didn't find it. Had to get ready for work. Thanks for the update @78c10bigten
And thanks to @75gmck25

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Coo!
I dunno why I never put that 2 and 2 together..it OBVIOUSLY wasn't doing anything and EVERYTHING else in the truck (s) work - A/C.
Both of my trucks have halves dangling. I never bothered to put a fuse in and see wtf because everything important worked?
The Blazer's compressor won't come on but there are other wires doing nothing that I assume are related..
Whatever. I spent a few minutes looking for a blade fuse holder I know I have - after I only found 1A glass fuses. (not enough lol)
Didn't find it. Had to get ready for work. Thanks for the update @78c10bigten
And thanks to @75gmck25
I knew there was no fuse in the one i pictured but i didnt think it had anything to my blower speed but low and behold.... lol

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Glad it all worked out for you. I had to resurrect nearly the entire A/C system on my truck after I got it, and there was a lot of troubleshooting along the way. I learned quite a bit about how it all fits together.

Bruce

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Ya know, there is another handy tidbit that I took from this thread and put to use.

The A/C setting forces recirculation.

That's genius! :mfr_omg:

Earlier in the week I found myself very concerned about seeming "cold air" blowing in the floorboard. I figured that "fix" would be a real abortion -even though there is nothing in my dash, lol- that's nothing anyone wants to do. Bi-level :3638400157_e7de35b0,heater, and vent , not really defrost(but it's weak anyways) settings all yield some degree of footwell cold air and I forsee the trouble as it gets cold. Hot out the vents, cold on the feets. Plenty room for improvement lol.

The only part I haven't swapped around with my C20 is the little relay thingy on the heater box,under the hood we've been talking about. SO , I was fiddin to see about that next week, knowing it will be nice the 2 days i'm off so eff it, ima spend the money ($20+) and :grd: before it gets cold.
Er.
Cold-er.
Colder.
I suffered through it all last winter and i am.DONE. with that ****! Hot A/C doesn't blow very hard in the footwell, but my result is 1,000x more desireable. I want to get all new parts for the K5 and use the best of the old ones in the C20...

Then I read about recirc on the A/C setting and voila!
Works like a charm!

No money spent RULZ! :headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I has hi speed blower.

Oh Happy Day!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I has hi speed blower.

Oh Happy Day!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Did you remove the fuse like and add a new one? Or did it not have one?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Ya. I hacked the broken, glass fuse holder off and installed a five dollar blade fuse holder I bought at WalMart with some 20A fuses.
Voila! I has hi speed for the first time since i've owned the truck lol.

Next , i'm gonna fix my underhood light the same way.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I bought a brand new blower resistor and i have no fan speeds? I had high with the old one but none now... anyone tell me why? Also in my picture is this wiring factory routed or has someone rigged it?

Something like this @77scottsdale1

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I see maybe 1 flaw unless I’m missing something. Your grounded to what? The housing is plastic. You need a ground from the motor to the body.
I didnt do it that way thats how it was when i got it and it works so

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well i tell ya what.... i popped a 20A fuse in it and sure as hell its worked. I think its partially in the switch tho because when i switched to the first speed and nothing but a little side to side wiggle and it came on.
@73c20jim this is my thread where i found that wires purpose

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84