New Member Old Truck ! Any ideas ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I was thinking about this for a day. Since you asked about ideas....

Sell the long bed step side to Ted.

Buy a rusted out suburban 4x4 for the frame and running gear.

Put a crew cab pickup body on the suburban frame, should fit with little or no mods. You could also shorten the crew cab if you only wanted a cab and a half.

Add the short pickup bed.

I like this idea. You think like I do. Thought of doing the same thing. Also thought of putting a pickup cab on a blazer frame and make a ridiculously short bed truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

akchevrolet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
You can give me the bed. then whatever you want to haha.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Welcome, I'm with @Shorty81 Long bed stepsides are not that common and with your skills as in upholstery you can probably trade some work with a body and paint shop and make that truck pop!

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome. I vote keep the long step.

86C20CCDually

Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I picked up a 75' long bed step side ...I think I'm going to pull it in the shop this fall when we slow down ( own an upholstery shop ) and restore this old truck so I came here to get some ideas ....ill have all winter so I thought about some crazy stuff like LS swap ...im sure thats been done once or twice lol...also thought about making an extended cab and cutting some out of that super long bed this thing has my ideas was get 4 junk doors and use the back half of the door frames to make the small windows for the extended cab ? Could even make it roll up and down with a bit more work ! .....also thought about just keeping it close to stock not many long steps I don't think ...only down side to that is I think its kinda ugly ...if it was a 4x4 lifted a bit maybe it would look better but this thing looks long as **** ! Excuse my limited vocabulary ....so...
.....let me know what you would do 75 long step 2wd with a 350 and 4 on the floor
Thanks Guys !!!!

I think that idea would be sick if you are good with fab work. However, Reckless's idea of building a sleeper would be wicked! You could get widened steelies and have those tires re-shod to create the ultimate sleeper!

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Keep the longbed, or sell it to me!

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I was thinking about this for a day. Since you asked about ideas....

Sell the long bed step side to Ted.

Buy a rusted out suburban 4x4 for the frame and running gear.

Put a crew cab pickup body on the suburban frame, should fit with little or no mods. You could also shorten the crew cab if you only wanted a cab and a half.

Add the short pickup bed.
If you're gonna go through that much fab work and effort, why not just buy the burb and instead of finding a crew cab body to swap on, just chop the Burb body at the back doors and go from there. Would literally be the same, just cheaper and probably less work honestly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128