New member - 84 c20 burb northeast alabama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Although, up here, 2wd burbs are virtually worthless.
Guy that parts out squares had a pristine 80s C20 Burb last year. Blown engine I believe. Something simple, but the truck didn’t need anything cosmetic. Paint and interior were literally about a 8.5 out of 10.
Asked him if he was going to fix and sell and he said, nope, part out.
Last time I was there, half the Burb was sold. Interior, front clip, barn doors, bumpers etc. he was about to load up what was left and scrap it.

I wouldn’t have done that, but financially it was the right decision. If it was 4wd he said he’d have dropped an engine in it and made 2x as much as he did in parts.

Not bagging on yours but if someone’s thing is 2wd squarebody burbs, they can be had cheap in good condition up here.

yours is the right color! Lol. I’d have to keep it and park it next to my 86 K20. His n hers squares!

Sauc3r

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
7.4L 454
Well I mean at least it’s not a Burb dually. Those never made sense to me. A part of me gets it if you go camping or family trips a lot and have a big trailer. Only issue is harder to roll with “bumper/tongue weight.” A friend of mine literally stole this mfer for 3300. I told them they’d be dumb if they skipped on it, if anything it would be an absolute easy flip.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gerald Holt

Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L
Well I mean at least it’s not a Burb dually. Those never made sense to me. A part of me gets it if you go camping or family trips a lot and have a big trailer. Only issue is harder to roll with “bumper/tongue weight.” A friend of mine literally stole this mfer for 3300. I told them they’d be dumb if they skipped on it, if anything it would be an absolute easy flip.

That there is a Choo Choo Custom, cool ride

Knight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Although, up here, 2wd burbs are virtually worthless.
Guy that parts out squares had a pristine 80s C20 Burb last year. Blown engine I believe. Something simple, but the truck didn’t need anything cosmetic. Paint and interior were literally about a 8.5 out of 10.
Asked him if he was going to fix and sell and he said, nope, part out.
Last time I was there, half the Burb was sold. Interior, front clip, barn doors, bumpers etc. he was about to load up what was left and scrap it.

I wouldn’t have done that, but financially it was the right decision. If it was 4wd he said he’d have dropped an engine in it and made 2x as much as he did in parts.

Not bagging on yours but if someone’s thing is 2wd squarebody burbs, they can be had cheap in good condition up here.

yours is the right color! Lol. I’d have to keep it and park it next to my 86 K20. His n hers squares!

No worries about bagging on it, I was going to gut it, and it's pretty much the same here. Kid said when people called on it, first question was, 4x4? He said they pretty much hung up on him when told 2wd. But I don't mind the 2wd, it'll be a pavement princess when it's fixed up anyway. And with the extra space VS the 72 c10 I can cruise with the kids, wife, and dog. Though "princess" is probably a serious exaggeration based on my plans for it.

Sauc3r

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
7.4L 454
That there is a Choo Choo Custom, cool ride
Well that’s cool! Does it have a train horn or something? It’s not mine so
I try not to post it too much. I’m weird I guess that I’m not going to put others trucks up I guess?.?. My wife’s friend and her fiancé bought it I told them at the least pick it up for the $3300 and drive it a bit if they end up not liking it go across one of the state lines and flip it’s for almost triple or at least 8K. Or at least I would think so, in Indiana most people don’t really know what they are, or haven’t seen the collectibility of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes