New kid from Alaska.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
:welcome: from
You must be registered for see images attach

MonsterZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban v2500
Engine Size
Jeez, wow its it been a minute....

So in the midst of trying to get everything all figured out, we had a family emergency on top of everything and my 8 month old little girl wound up in the hospital twice, a couple weeks each time. So of course, as these things happen, truck got unfortunately back burnered and over abused. While we aren't out of the dark yet with the little girl, things are at least looking a good bit better and she gets to come home tomorrow! Hell yeah, been rough on me, my little boys (her very proud and tough big brothers), and the wife. They've been down in Seattle for the past week at the childrens hospital there and us guys have been holding down the fort, sorta.

Back to the truck though, while running people back and forth to hospitals and things the truck decides to blow a head gasket. I know, straight forward stuff, right? SO as of this afternoon I finally was able to get both heads off, talk about a mess! I'll get some pics posted here in a bit when I get them up loaded, but I definitely caught this just moments away from full blown disaster, pretty sure Im going to be able to save this without a full out rebuild at the moment. Someone has definitely had these heads off before, and did a really ****** job putting everything back.

Half my intake bolts were hand tight. Bottom of my intake manifold was scorched from fire breathing across my oil valley. Yes, I know how this happens but I still couldn't believe seeing it. None of my exhaust bolts were more than hand tight, gaskets all the way around were either completely worn out from poor sealing or just plain gone. My passenger head was the worse of the two, all that was left between cylinder 4 and 6 was the metal core of the gasket, from water jacket to water jacket. Head is still true, surprisingly, and only needs cleaned up and its going back on. Drivers side actually looked good, but since the kit comes as a full set and its just a good idea I'm placing a new set of gaskets there too.

Bought the cheap Felpro kit for now, is suffice for my means. This truck literally only has to make another 10k miles and I can start putting together a 383 for it. That is going to be fun. It seems like its only fun when you can choose to do it and don't HAVE to do it. Tomorrow after getting some clean up and some paint done tonight and early tomorrow morning, it all goes back together. Until next time...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No problem on the updates. The truck can and will wait. Take care of that baby girl first and foremost !!! Glad to hear of the improvement and she's coming home.

MonsterZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban v2500
Engine Size
Thanks HotRod, that actually means a lot and yes, I totally agree on the truck, even if it is my daily driver right now. It's been a little frustrating with her, we've been begging the military docs for months to test her and find out whats going on as something is obviously not right, and no one was listening. Finally got an ER doc to listen, who put a consult in to get her seen down in Seattle, and all of a sudden its "Why wasn't she tested for this sooner? This is serious guys!" to which we've had to nod our head and agree and say that we've been trying and getting shot down. She is 8 months old now and still only 11 pounds. Happiest and healthiest not healthy baby you've ever seen, and if it's ok I would gladly post a couple videos of her here. Right now the leading thoughts are that she might have Cystic Fibrosis or Williams Syndrome. Both go a long way in explaining a lot of the symptoms we are seeing and how she is developing. I gotta tell you though, any time I start to feel sorry for myself about any of the crap I've had to go through, I see her and her smile, and it all just seems so trivial. Especially since she has no idea that she isn't well, she's just as happy and content as can be and its humbling. I'm not so proud as to admit that my kids have brought me to my knees many times. We'll get through this, and so will the truck. These are just challenges, and my faith and hope in life is greater than the determination of the world to dim them. Build thread is started now in the Under construction zone.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Geez, to hell and back. At least a Dr. finally did listen and hopefully opened that door to the military Dr's. Sad but true, you're not the only horror story of military healthcare. In some ways it's fantastic, some it's nasty. I like to compare military medical alot to HMO's. Fantastic basic healthcare, but with something more serious, it's so much easier to turn their head.

Sure you can post up videos and pics of family. Believe it or not, with all the getting close to the edge fun we have here, we do have a CLEAN, TASTEFUL, and family oriented thread for just that purpose. Speaking of which, I have one I need to post in there.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2443

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollywood383