New in Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rscustomrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi, my name is Rich and I have been lurking for a few months now. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the useful information. I started a project with my 15 year old daughter on a 1978 4x4 truck. I did not really intend to do a frame off restoration, but that is what it has become. I am just an average guy who has never done a frame off before and learns by doing. I know I am in for a long haul on this project, but it has been fun so far. Believe it or not, I found one of the very few rust buckets in AZ:) I ended up finding a 1978 2wd donor that has zero rust and am using it for the body of my 4x4. I have already cut out the hump for the tranny/transfer case. Once I set the motor and tansmission back in, I will start to move the body over. My daughter is documenting the process on her ipad with lots of pics.

My dad and I never really had a father son project, as I played baseball year round and he coached me until I went off to play college ball. Although I coach my daughter's High School Softball team, this is really a special time we are sharing in the garage. Any of you with daughters, do not rule out a truck project for them just because they are girls. I have two daughters, my oldest was not into it, but my youngest has been out there in the garage every step of the way. I cannot wait to see her driving it on her 16th birthday in November. That is my timeline to finish it. No pressure:)

Thanks again for a great site. I will post some pics soon.

Rich

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB Rich. Glad to hear of the pics. We'll anxously await seeing them. That's great you got the daughter involved too. :waytogo: I wish my kids would show some enthusiasm in my projects. Only enthusiasm I ever see is when they need a truck to pick something up.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome Rich. I have a 16 yr old daughter I am hoping will get into a squarebody truck or car. I got her hooked, we just need the funds, lol. And my 12 yr old daughter is my little wrench monkey, she loves to help me work on the Suburban.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the resto, and two happy faces when it's complete :)

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome neighbor!

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, WTH is this with you getting all the neighbors Iman? Not that I mind. We can use more AZions to even out some of the TXan ratio.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB! I hope if/when I have kids someday, they will want to help me wrench on my junk.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Thats awesome man. They do grow up fast!

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Welcome aboard! That is great that your daughter is into this stuff. She'll remember the memories long after you're gone from this earth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kparris