New here from VA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awd199

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Now that I've found a workaround to my Tapatalk problem I'll give a little history on the trucks. First up old "Goldie" with the sweet whip as gotyourgoat referred to it as. It was bought new as a company truck for the family business. In this part of VA in the 70s a lot of poeple were in the coal business and this is where this truck on a surface mine till about '82. After the coal operation it was given farm and things you do with a truck type of chores. It has a 350 with a 350 tranny and a 203 case. Growing up I used this truck to haul my dirt bikes around as well as just about everything you could think of hauling with a truck. Around 95-96 the doors, rockers, cab corners, fenders, and bed were replaced. It was run till the early 2000s till the tranny let go and was parked. That is were I am now. Getting ready to start on it and bring it back to driving condition.
You must be registered for see images attach

awd199

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Now about the 78. I dont have much as a story about this one as it hasn't seen much action and spent most of its life garaged. I think it was originally intended to join the gold 75 but missed that role. It was mainly used by my grandparents as a travel vehicle pulling campers around the Blue Ridge Mountains and The Great Smokies with an occasional trip to central Fl. In 84 it pulled a 32ft Terry 5th wheel west for a trip that totaled close to 10K mi. It has a 400 with 400 tranny and a 203 case. This truck has 37K mi on the clock and is all original except for the tires, mufflers, and tailpipes that I've had done. The radiator has also been changed at one time. A few more pics first is prolly the first pic I took of the truck, next up is how it looked as how it traversed through the 80s, an interior shot, and the last, the most recent I have.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob