New here and got a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear601

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
305 with a 262 cam
Ok first off hello everyone and I'm happy to be a part of this forum. Ok now I just purchased a 1985 silverado swb all heat and a/c was ripped out and I'm looking for a easy to read diagram for the vacuum lines that control the blender doors and heat - a/c.
2nd. What's the easiest way to tell whether you have a 350 or 305.
3rd. Does anyone have a parts list of what all is need for a/c -heat to work.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Heat/AC section has a sticky with vacuum diagram in it. Often there is a piece that breaks on the blended door causing the system to not have defrost.
305 vs 350, there is a stamped code on the passenger front side of the block that would tell you what block it is.

Heat needs a heater core and operation heat/air blend door(mechanical)
AC needs a good compressor/dryer/condenser/evap core/ orifice tube/ and no leaks in the lines. Condenser and evap core are typically good if there is no leaks. There is a newer style condenser available that improves the system performance with 134 freon.

Dryer/orifice tube/compressor/ soft lines would be replaced in a completely shot system.

Bear601

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
305 with a 262 cam
Awesome thanks this is my first c10 so I figured ask first then break it worse lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki1978