New Harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad_idea

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
I have a 90 v1500 with the 6.2L. The wiring harness is a mess. I am looking for options on wiring. OEM replacement harness? Good source for automotive wiring and connectors? Best aftermarket wiring harness? I want quality that looks original. Recommendations? Thanks all.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
@gmachinz ! Your phone is ringing.

He's our in-house electrical guy.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If the mess is from previous owner mods, maybe it can be repaired one wire at a time using automotive quality GXL and SXL wire along with proper butt splicing techniques. That's what I tired doing with my 82 C10, but I eventually bought a compete harness because my fuse panel had lots of rust due to a cowl leak. So if your fuse panel looks good, you may not have to spend $1000 or more just to correct a dozen wires or so.

But if you do go that route, I second the suggestion to contact gmachinz, assuming he has wiring for 90 model year trucks. From what I've read, he seems to really have his act together when it comes to square bodies.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
the man is a MACHINE. good, because his production ability is efficient and quality.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Look at the little tip I just posted on the thread a little tip for you. A little shrink wrap and solder goes a long way. I've repaired some pretty messed up harnesses, you mark and disconnect everything unwrap everything solder in what you need to and rewrap it.I leave it connected at the firewall and just lay it out over a piece of plywood set on the engine.

taggtwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Jabin has had my power window harness from my suburban for about three months. He was to trim it down for a regular truck, Sure would be nice to have it back!!

Texxxan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Jabin has had my power window harness from my suburban for about three months. He was to trim it down for a regular truck, Sure would be nice to have it back!!

I ordered a harness from him two weeks ago and only one reply back since I asked him for a tracking number with no results. I guess I still have at least two and a half months left to wait for it. Sure would have been nice to know about this before I ordered it. Live and learn.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Im not saying its perfectly fair, he should alert yall to delays and such, but i mean the extensive work i believe makes sense in that regards

Texxxan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Im not saying its perfectly fair, he should alert yall to delays and such, but i mean the extensive work i believe makes sense in that regards

Mine is a dual tank harness with selector valve. This is the only thing holding me back from completing my project. I also ordered an engine harness from PFISYS on the same exact day as I did from gmachinz and received that harness last Monday. I ordered my harness from gmachinz on the 13th of this month and nothing yet. Not even a tracking number that I asked for on the 21st. This may not be his fault at all. Its very possible that he did his part and mailed it out, but without a tracking number that I have asked for twice now, I won't know if its the post office fault or if he simply decided to keep my money and not mail anything out. I am going to file a claim with paypal and be done with it. At this point, I'm looking to buy a harness elsewhere. I no longer want his harness and hate that I ever dealt with him in the first place. Good luck to anyone else that deals with him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli