New From NH Seacoast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chardeemacdennis

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Hello, I've been lurking a while haven't posted anything. I bought a 1984 Chevy Custom deluxe K10 with 63,000 original miles. It came with a 305 that ran a bit rough from sitting for many a year...so I hired a methhead (unknowingly to me and the nice fellow that recommended him)to build me a new motor. He bought a 350 block that after scoping found it was bad...$$$ down the drain, got another 350 with 4 bolt main, had it sent to a machine shop to go thru it, bore it out 60 over, had it balanced, got vortec heads and a cam. I paid him extra to install it and it took forever... then the trans stoped shifting out of first gear once he installed the damn motor.

Frustrated I had it towed the truck away from his "shop"and have been tinkering for the past year, but need to bring her in to figure out the trans... life is busy, I will get her in soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

LOve those copper brake lines....

Last edited:

Chardeemacdennis

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size

New Rad and fans

New Grill, methhead had my old one still in his shop...he broke it removing the damn thing.

I have a new passeger door, the only real body damage on her other than some rust on driver inner fender and driver rear quarter.

Last edited:

Chardeemacdennis

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Welcome from the lakes region! Nice truck, thing looks decent overall

One question, is that a header on the driver's side, and a stock exhaust manifold on the passenger, or are those before and after photos?
Yes, I have pics with the stock manifold and pics with the newer headers. I’ve actually gone thru 3 sets of headers to find a set that worked on both sides. It’s been an adventure

Buicknut

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size

New Rad and fans

New Grill, methhead had my old one still in his shop...he broke it removing the damn thing.

I have a new passeger door, the only real body damage on her other than some rust on driver inner fender and driver rear quarter.
Welcome from SW Ohio.

I have a question about the rust in the inner fender, do you have a picture of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef