Needed headlight knob/rod for 73-76 square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I’ve been trying to find a headlight knob for my 75 to replace the original one that is all sticky from the plastic materials breaking down. every time I order one they send me the wrong one.

The ones I order all have a long rod or I get the chrome one. If anyone has an original one with the shorter rod that they can part with, please let me know.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is one of the new ones with a long rod, that is incorrect for my truck.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I’ve been trying to find a headlight knob for my 75 to replace the original one that is all sticky from the plastic materials breaking down. every time I order one they send me the wrong one.

The ones I order all have a long rod or I get the chrome one. If anyone has an original one with the shorter rod that they can part with, please let me know.

I have a much of those, just have to look around see if they're there right one.
I also have just the black rubber part, I'm pretty sure that comes off of the rod...

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I have a much of those, just have to look around see if they're there right one.
I also have just the black rubber part, I'm pretty sure that comes off of the rod...
I tried taking it off and combining the new rubber with the old rod, but I stopped short because I could feel it getting ready to break. I didn’t want to be without one even if it is sticky. It’s just weird that the rods were shorter on the older squares.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

You can use a throttle knob with the set screw. Cut the long rod with a hack saw the length you need.

Right now 7 sellers on ebay have this knob listed.

The pictures are from this ad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2941010062...XAEwA1Sk+D9NS71liLIO3So0I=|tkp:Bk9SR8SGqO_yYA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey