My opinion, our fuel tanks rust from the outside because of the plastic cover...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
VW bugs. Gas tank,covered by the hood and vehicle belly pan below it. They rust out commonly.They rust from water in the tank. They also do not have a sealed fuel tank assembly as in basically the same as a vented gas tank.Condensation from the non sealed system contributes to the moisture problem.Gas evaporates , expands, vents and moisture and humidity from the atmosphere replaces the evaporated and burned fuel.Fix your evap. Systems people. And run a can of heet or alcohol blended fuel occasionally.

Last edited:

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
another area to watch out for is the back of the front fenders, the drain holes pack with leaves and mud holding moisture in there. my 99.99% Arizona rust free truck ended up with rust bubbles there. Every now and then i check to be sure the drain holes are clear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sszcam