my 88 k1500, tons of pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've only met 2 members. Warthog bought a CUCV Dash Cluster from me and came and picked it up, and I went and met sportsmom, her husband and son looking at her sons truck hoping I had a wiring harness they needed. I didn't, but did go back and they bought a cheap bench seat from me. They just live on the other side of Moore. But, as you can tell, I think she's got 5 or 6 posts and about it.

I'd like to have a big get together. 1 year we were planning a Truck Forum get together at my dads one year. But them a Mod got ridiclulously stupid and banned me and Pops. About 70 of us left that week. Dave ended up banned too. That forum has been **** since and pretty much still is. But, I'd still like to do it someday if my dad ever calms the fugg down. Who knows it might have to wait til he kicks off. But September, Labor Day weekend is good weekend to do it since there is an extra day to travel and the weather isn't near as hot usually.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Ive meet Oneluckypops myself got a tank and grill assembly from him. Oh and i work with 80Shortwide

Last edited:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
It would be awesome if we could have some kind of gmsb get together one day.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
this was my second time meeting up with c4or, and then my first time for meeting bucket.

The axle wasn't too bad to unload, I pulled all the other stuff myself, then climbed in the PS door lifted the front up and on the seat whle my old man drug it back about a foot, then my mom's boyf just happened to be there to help, him and my dad pulled the back end out while I shoved it out of the car, then they sat that end down, I came around, grabbed the end lifted it up and swung it around, then laid it down in the garage.

Then my mom's boyf goes you had that yourself, I never had a chance to grab it, my old man later said yea I thought that when he had my end helping me that I had it all LOL.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think I've met three members. Chris, Curt and Joey (Towjoe). I wasn't home when Mike (tanz45) stopped by, but my wife got to meet him.

It would be awesome if we could have some kind of gmsb get together one day.

Yeah, that'd be great. Have a big ol picnic or something somewhere.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea it'd be good but I'd have to hitch a ride with Curt or something, then meet up with others.

LOL next time I'll ake the truck or old man;s truck and hope for no break downs and just foot the higher gas bill. Putting that in the vibe sucked and riding home was horrible in the dash.

funny thing is right across the highway from where we met, less then a mile is where auto parts outlet is located and where we bought the transmission for dad's van. He was going to bring it to haul it and try it out but he doesn't have heat in it.

Now about the only stock gm parts I can use is a t-case and Andy said he may have one sometime later this year, if that's the case we'll be meeting up again. Kinda funny, take the small car for a huge load, take the truck for a small one LOL.

now for my SAS I need some dom tubing and tube inserts to make a long drag link, buy new ends just to be sure, probably go thru the axle, change ball joints, whatever bearings may need it etc. I also have to get some 44 knuckles or something so I'll be able to use hi steer arms to make the crossover work. Not unless I can figure something else out that's entirely safe with no worries.

another funny piece of info on the way home I said I have no clue how I'm going to wrestle it under the truck myself unless I put wheels on it and roll it under, then I said I don't care it'll be awhile I can leave it sitting in the garage looking pretty, and the wife says" no you got it now you're gonna use it" I thought ok baby if you insist LOL. You let me spend some coin on the rest of the parts and I'll get er done minus using 4x4 for now. hen once I get a t-case I'll swap rear gears to matching 4.10's. I have some squarebody rallys to use but I need some 15 inch tires.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, just put wheels on it to roll it around, it makes all the difference in the world. That's how I got that D60 off the trailer and under the K5, by myself and in the grass.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
oh yea the rallys are already up there in the garage so I just have to bolt em up, I got lugs and everything too.

I bet that d60 was heavier then the corp 10 LOL.

today was like christmas, Curt just kept opening presents, like hey man you want this? you need that. I shoulda just took it all and kept it around in case somebody needing something I could donate to them. I think it would have killed the vibe though LOL.

Like he said though there's always next time we come to town, especially if Andy gets a t-case or Curt comes across one or something, I'll be making another trip that way.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
LOL I'm still waiting on a caption or motivational poster with the loaded down vibe pics LOL. or you might be a redneck if....

my old man said as soon as we pulled around he said them guys are LMAO'ing right now saying look at these idiots going to haul all that in a car.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
LOL I'm still waiting on a caption or motivational poster with the loaded down vibe pics LOL. or you might be a redneck if....

my old man said as soon as we pulled around he said them guys are LMAO'ing right now saying look at these idiots going to haul all that in a car.

There was no name calling... but yeah there was a little bit of laughing :rofl:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm all good with it. With the cost of gas prices today, and to keep from getting parts cheap, you take the cheapest to operate vehicle to keep the cost of the parts and/or trade cheap as possible. I once picked up a Th400, NP208, SM465, Bell housing, clutch parts, and crossmember in a Corolla. The place was 40 miles from here in a car that got 36-42mpg depending on the load and how driven. Made for cheap parts with less than $10 in gas. That's sometimes why I wish I had a Square C10, low the ground with a V6, manual OD trans and 3.42 gears. Just for road trips to pick up parts. Surely someone could get 20-22mpg with some conservative driving in such a vehicle.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
more pics of all the parts I got from Andy and Curt...

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea as soon as I get my house done and start living in it lol.

you know I have to clean and paint like everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello