Mounting D rings on a 77 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYSquared

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Tree-Fiddy
I want to mount d ring shackles to the rear of the truck but i dont wanna tear my bumper off or bend it. Obviously? Does anyone know of any kind of brackets for sale or a template? Thanks either way!

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I want to mount d ring shackles to the rear of the truck but i dont wanna tear my bumper off or bend it. Obviously? Does anyone know of any kind of brackets for sale or a template? Thanks either way!
do you want them on bumper or under bumper?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
D ring shackles usually include a mounting strap with two holes. Can’t you just bolt it to the bottom of the frame rail behind your bumper? They will be tucked up quite a bit, but very secure.

NYSquared

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Tree-Fiddy
do you want them on bumper or under bumper?
i want to mount them to the bumper using the typical 4 bolt mount from the jungle web store.
D ring shackles usually include a mounting strap with two holes. Can’t you just bolt it to the bottom of the frame rail behind your bumper? They will be tucked up quite a bit, but very secure.
I didnt consider that but i kind of like the idea. I want to keep the look but functional too.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
i want to mount them to the bumper using the typical 4 bolt mount from the jungle web store.

I didnt consider that but i kind of like the idea. I want to keep the look but functional too.
Easiest is to fab up a plate steel bracket from frame to backside of bumper essentially sadwiching the bumper inbetween

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia