Major PS leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
That is some great info! I'm curious if that o ring you mention inside that adapter is to blame, since it had a PS leak before I changed the lines. Is that piece something can be ordered at a major parts chain?

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
So I'm going to remove the pump and belt and probably do a rebuild on it. Pretty sure my issue is inside the pump. Is it ok to still run the truck without them on the engine? I ask because the belt goes around the fan and crank pullies. The alternator/ac belt drives the fan and crank pulley also so it should be fine right? Just wanna make sure it's not going to break something... forgive me if this is a stupid question!

Last edited:

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
Decided to try the easier thing first and added plumbers tape to the threads. Also made sure to keep the line firmly against the back of the nut as I tightened it down. So far no leaks! Still need to do a test drive and double check everything but I think she's good to go. Thank you guys so much for your input!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus