LS timing chain and gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 SWB 4x4
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Parts showed up today. During tear down I kept and laid out everything.The new timing set came with a tensioner mine did not have one and the cam sprocket is smaller in diameter than my stock one.

Hit me.

2003 L59 5.3 flex fuel

Ole Buck

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 SWB 4x4
Engine Size
5.7 for now
anyone anyone ? Bueller Bueller?

Ole Buck

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 SWB 4x4
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I did find an answer. It's an upgrade kit in case you want to drill and tap your block and add this chain tensioner/slack killer hot mess of nothing. Stock is absolutely ok with me.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I did find an answer. It's an upgrade kit in case you want to drill and tap your block and add this chain tensioner/slack killer hot mess of nothing. Stock is absolutely ok with me.
Gen IV has the tensioner. It is garbage and almost always breaks. The 2009 L9H I am rebuilding had it stock and it was broken when I removed the timing cover. I am replacing it with an LS2 chain and the block dampener instead. Early LS engines(like very early LS1's) didn't even have the mounting blocks for a dampener, but hey make an adapter kit that bolts to the cam retainer plate to provide the dampener mounting blocks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes