LS Swap fuel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Also, my fuel rail on the 5.3 has a return on it, if I how with the dual tanks, would that be run to the selector valve, or to the tank/s?

Yes, the fuel selector valve has provisions for returns, That's why there is humpteen million hoses going to and from it.

Attachments

• zzTeardown85C20 023a.jpg
    zzTeardown85C20 023a.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 321

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi guys,
This is my first post, so I hope it's in the proper place. I'm swapping an LS motor into an 83 k10. I have the dual saddle tank setup, which I'd mike to keep. I also have an inline wahlbro pump from a previous project. Question is: can I use the inline pump after the tank selector valve, and use what I have, or do I have to replace the whole system? Thanks for any input
Brent

If you are going with the 87 dual tanks and drop in pumps, I have a complete LS swap dual tank kit w/65 psi rated selector valve available. Its designed as a stand alone harness for both tanks-the dash switch LH/RH triggers the appropriate fuel pump and switches the fuel sender lead automatically. Your LS swap control harness should have a white/blk stripe fuel pump trigger wire-this is used to trigger my stand alone LS dual tank harness. PM for more details if youd like-theres nothing wrong with the factory dual tank design-relying on 30+ year old wiring and components is when you have problems.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
If you are going with the 87 dual tanks and drop in pumps, I have a complete LS swap dual tank kit w/65 psi rated selector valve available. Its designed as a stand alone harness for both tanks-the dash switch LH/RH triggers the appropriate fuel pump and switches the fuel sender lead automatically. Your LS swap control harness should have a white/blk stripe fuel pump trigger wire-this is used to trigger my stand alone LS dual tank harness. PM for more details if youd like-theres nothing wrong with the factory dual tank design-relying on 30+ year old wiring and components is when you have problems.

I really need to get with the program and order this from you. I'm still rocking the original stuff. It's working, but I built the truck to be reliable long term, and that's the one thing still gnawing at me about the swap.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I really need to get with the program and order this from you. I'm still rocking the original stuff. It's working, but I built the truck to be reliable long term, and that's the one thing still gnawing at me about the swap.

Just let me know when youre ready! Ive got everything in stock-Im down to (2) 65 psi valves but more are on order!

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Update: I ordered 87 tanks, 87 sending units, Pollack selector valve, 87 selector switch for dash, intank late model pumps, braided nylon fuel line and Russel fittings from Summit. Also got some submersible injection hose for in tank connections, and a late model inline fuel filter. Question now, is can I use the braided line from the selector valve to the sending units? If so, how do I make the connections? Also, do I run the pump relay wire to the dash switch, or to the selector valve? Thanks beforehand

dougbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500/nv4500/np241c/33x12.50x16/4.10 Gears 14BFF
Engine Size
5.3L - 2002 Silverado, rebuilt top end, long tube headers
Read Scotty Baccus doc on dual tanks. Great doc

Attachments

• Retrofit dual electric pumps.pdf
    229.6 KB · Views: 482

DavieL

Reaction score
First Name
Davie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
5.3 LS with Holley EFI
Thank y'all for the info, I'm wanting to have my dual tanks back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell