LS Engine Conversion Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
LMC truck has released a block hugger, and a mid length type header that will fit in our trucks equipped with the LS engines, and being that there isn't a a long tube version, i'm pretty sure these will clear the front shaft in 4x4's.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
figured i would share this bit of information with yall to get your swaps going, and save you a few dollars. okay, so lets say you have your complete, uncut harness, and you want to test run your engine before reworking it. assuming you have an already flashed PCM (VATS removed) it's really only a two wire hook up. you will need a fuse block from the donor vehicle. Pin #9 on the c100 gets switched power, and then a constant hot wire to power the fuse block pin #b11 ( i run a wire from the power distribution block, or the batery depending on if i'm cranking in a vehicle or on a stand to the positive lead on the fuse block). i hope this helps fellow swappers, and encourages more and more swaps in the future, it's really not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. i tried my best to explain this where everyone can grasp the information, but if you are having difficulties understanding feel free to shoot me a PM, and i will reply as soon as possible.

here is a video to make it more understandable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lpuIiPB2sk

also came across this video for bypassing vats if you have the donor vehicle. you start the engine in the gmt800 donor vehicle, and then remove power to the BCM. interesting, i will give this a shot and let you all know how or if it works. from what the guy says, it will work as long as you don't clear the trouble codes, if you clear the codes VATS will not be bypassed. i still have to get a PCM for my camaro but i'll be sure to test this out and post results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCWh6-2ufc

Last edited:

ejarnold45

Reaction score
First Name
ej
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Budget ls swap

HI i new to this but i want to do an 5.3 budget ls swap to my 87 c10 and was wondering if any of you guys have done one and what's the price rage to make it drive able cause its my daily if anyone can help?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Can this ep241 fuel pump be used as a stock replacement?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
{EDIT) Did I post this in the wrong place? {EDIT}

Thought I would post a few questions here for future reference.

86 k10

Last week I came across a post or video where someone had the engine shifted forward a bit so they didn't have issues with the AC compressor location or future removal.

1. Shifting the engine forward would require the shafts to be cut/extended correct? How much on avg does this cost per shaft?

2. Anyone seen this and what mounts did they use? (link if you've got it....mad cuz I didn't save it.)

Lets say that you raised the engine a bit (not sure if the engine mounts could do this or not). I realize your changing your drive line angles.

3. Rotate the axles so input/output of shafts are parallel? (Got that from the video I think HR posted about phase and angle).

I'm asking because I really hate those instances where you've taken a path and later you think "**** I wish idda done this instead". Can get costly when you don't ask or do enough research prior. That and I'm not a fan of cutting into supports.

Thanks Guys

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep