Lower control arms interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nocupsince93

Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 sbc
I'll start this off with a hello .. Then follow with an apology , I think I posted this already in the wrong section anyway ... I purchased a set of upper and lower control arms for my 74 c10 stepside , to replace the worn originals . The uppers are exact replacements however the lowers after closer inspection look to be for a C20 the bushings are not rubber and the ball joint is significantly larger , I have a set of Beltech drop spindles my question .. Can I simply ream the spindle / ball joint mounting hole to accomadate the larger stud or am I entering deeper waters with a buch of other problems ? Thanks for any/ all insight and knowledge appreciated

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Do you have any pics of the new and old ones

Nocupsince93

Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 sbc
I don't have pictures.. They look very similar and comparing measurements confirms this , however I'm going to bolt the old one on and tie a plumb line to the grease fitting on the ball joint mark it then do the same with the new arm .. If similar this should be enough to seal the deal ?!

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I asked at the parts store here today and was told the part # is
the same for 74 C10 and 74 C20

Nocupsince93

Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 sbc
I bolted it on and it's very close .. Out by 3/8 of an inch pointing forward , easily within shim range .. I had a local machine shop taper the lower spindle hole to fit the larger ball joint , everything should work out fine .. Plan on bolting it back together this weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90_burb