Lost lights in Instrument Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vandyke_Country

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I happen to loose my lights in my dash cluster. I have the instrument cluster pulled away from the dash. I have power to all the gauges, but no power to the lights. I am fairly familiar with electrical.

My thoughts:

Possible blown fuse?
Printed circuit board fail?
Ground issue?

My fuse panel has lost most of the white lettered labeling for the fuses, so I was wondering if someone can help me out here. If I can get any info that would help.

Thanks!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here. Fuse location in fuse block as indicated in red. Yellow tracer is the gray 8 circuit - for all instrument illumination (cluster, HVAC panel, radio). Intensity is controlled by twisting the headlight dimmer rheostat:

You must be registered for see images attach

Vandyke_Country

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here. Fuse location in fuse block as indicated in red. Yellow tracer is the gray 8 circuit - for all instrument illumination (cluster, HVAC panel, radio). Intensity is controlled by twisting the headlight dimmer rheostat:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks! This will help!

Vandyke_Country

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I found the issue to the dash lights. I was completely over thinking the situation. I forgot the dimmer switch for the dash lights.. This was my issue. It doesn't always make contact when you adjust the lighting, which in turn makes all the lights shut down.. dumb me.. oh well! Ill have to repair this issue in the near future!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I found the issue to the dash lights. I was completely over thinking the situation. I forgot the dimmer switch for the dash lights.. This was my issue. It doesn't always make contact when you adjust the lighting, which in turn makes all the lights shut down.. dumb me.. oh well! Ill have to repair this issue in the near future!

Try cleaning the contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507