Looking for a grille removal and replacement video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I've been looking for a good video showing removal and replacement of the grille for my '87 Silverado. Please let me know if anyone has a link to one. What I've seen have skipped around and were not helpful. Thanks in advance.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Unless it's vastly different from my son's 87 Sierra Classic, you just remove the three screws on the radiator support that hold the top of the grille, then remove the three screws that hold the bottom of the grille. Open the hood to locate the top screws for the grille, the bottom ones should be accessed from the front. Might be Philips screws or hex head screws. A little flash light will help locate the bottom screws. Sometimes partially hidden between the grille slats.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
There is a screw on each side behind the headlight bezel, and one behind the front bumper filler. I believe there are 4 or 5 on top of the radiator support. The headlight bezels have 2 exposed screws on the bottom, and 2 under the hood on the support also. I recently changed my '87's grille also, it's a pretty easy task.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Ditto on above, except mine had a nut and bolt in the center on the bottom.
Eric

TropicalSilverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thanks to all. I was afraid there were underside screws that might be inaccessible. I see the five on top under the hood and one on each end of the bottom of the grille inside the headlight bezels. I found the last one bottom center accessible from the underside. Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53