Looking for a grille (OEM preferred) for a 1977 GMC Jimmy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedHeadNSF

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy
Engine Size
400-cu.in. OHV V8
Have found lots of grilles that will fit, but they either have no logo (generic blazer/jimmy grille) or have a bow tie already attached. I would like to find one that is specifically made for the GMC Jimmy and preferably has the GMC emblem attached.

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Have found lots of grilles that will fit, but they either have no logo (generic blazer/jimmy grille) or have a bow tie already attached. I would like to find one that specifically made for the GMA Jimmy and preferrably has the GMC emblem attached.

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
There is a couple available on ebay, both need minor repair and restoration. But they are OEM.
And since you’re in Cali, Pomona Swap Meet March 5, There’s a lot of Square Body stuff there

Last edited:

RedHeadNSF

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy
Engine Size
400-cu.in. OHV V8
Thanks! I will take a look. Last time I looked there were a few but seemed to need some major repair work - and I do not know how to do that kind of cosmetic repair.

Who/What kind of person could I take it to to get repaired?

Thanks again!

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Thanks! I will take a look. Last time I looked there were a few but seemed to need some major repair work - and I do not know how to do that kind of cosmetic repair.

Who/What kind of person could I take it to to get repaired?

Thanks again!
Yes, If you’re not familiar with that kind of repair it can be a big task.
It usually take 2 grilles to get 1 repaired/restored one.
Keep checking ebay and other sites, when they pop up they sell quick. And as you’ve discovered, the OEM grilles are getting tough to find. You’re fortunate to be in Cali, seems to be more available at scrap yards and swap meets.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
As others have said, unfortunately your only option is to find a restorable original and a "parts" grille and restore one. There's not much for repop GMC grilles at this point. There's nobody that I know of that offers that service off hand, though I'm sure they're out there. Otherwise it will be up to you to do it. It's not super hard if you have patience, just some plastic welding, filling, sanding, painting, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K10_Travis