Lockers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok I was wonder does anyone have any experience with the eaton tru track locker? Any good for off-roading? I drive manly street but want something that can be better than an open diff when off-roading not rock crawling just back woods off-roading. Don't rlly want to spend a ton and get an air locker? Any ideas?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Ok I was wonder does anyone have any experience with the eaton tru track locker? Any good for off-roading? I drive manly street but want something that can be better than an open diff when off-roading not rock crawling just back woods off-roading. Don't rlly want to spend a ton and get an air locker? Any ideas?

I have one in the front of my truck. I liked it so much a friend of mine put one on the rear of his Silverado that he uses to haul his snowmobile. He also loves it. It perfectly quiet, don't know it is there on the street. It transfers power well from side to side. The only issue I had was when one tire is up in the air. Need to use the brake to stop the tire in the wheel from free spinning.

They don't recommend using synthetic gear fluid with them.

I also like them because there are no clutch packs to wear out and no friction additive needed.

Last edited:

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have one in the front of my truck. I liked it so much a friend of mine put one on the rear of his Silverado that he uses to haul his snowmobile. He also loves it. It perfectly quiet, don't know it is there on the street. It transfers power well from side to side. The only issue I had was when one tire is up in the air. Need to use the brake to stop the tire in the wheel from free spinning.

They don't recommend using synthetic gear fluid with them.

I also like them because there are no clutch packs to wear out and no friction additive needed.

So the eaton tru tack would work good for off-roading? Like mild stuff no hard core off-roading

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Yes, I think the eaton truetrac would be perfect for mild off roading. It has great street manners and will not increase your tire wear. It is also good for sending power to both wheels when needed.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes, I think the eaton truetrac would be perfect for mild off roading. It has great street manners and will not increase your tire wear. It is also good for sending power to both wheels when needed.

That's is just what I wanted to here! Thanks for the input!

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
But is it a locker or is it a more robust stronger limited slip? When I was looking at them I was getting the impression it's kinda a Hybrid of both?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
It doesn't physically lock the rear tires together so it is more of a limited slip. But instead of using clutch plates inside that can wear they have an unusual gear arrangement inside that does the same thing.
It works so smooth you don't know it is there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood