LMC doors, good or bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the427chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
anybody have any experience with LMC trucks doors? i live in the northern part of new england, good body parts are like gold, i'm in need of two doors for my 84 k5, I recently purchased the premium LMC front fenders and i am very impressed with how they fit. curious if anyone has had luck with their doors. a buddy of mine gave me a couple cheapo's that didnt even have mirror bolt holes and they look like someone at the ford factory made them. appreciate any info!

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
I've heard a lot of reviews from ppl who have gotten dented doors or they were paper thin and didn't line up etc... I don't even touch that stuff anymore I only buy good southern Rust-free parts or NOS.

Southern if you want to save a wee little $$$ & Still have genuine. Or unless you don't care Try AMD... They have Licensed GM Products and have very good reviews.

JoeR Jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0/4L80E
Another choice would be to find a local body parts store. Most cities have one. Talk to a local body shop to find where they buy their parts. It'll save you shipping costs and they can get both cheap or OEM quality parts for you.
Joe

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
anybody have any experience with LMC trucks doors? i live in the northern part of new england, good body parts are like gold, i'm in need of two doors for my 84 k5, I recently purchased the premium LMC front fenders and i am very impressed with how they fit. curious if anyone has had luck with their doors. a buddy of mine gave me a couple cheapo's that didnt even have mirror bolt holes and they look like someone at the ford factory made them. appreciate any info!
About a decade ago when I was building my '77 I used LMC doors with good results. Like any repop body panel they needed some adjustment (more than an OEM door probably would require) but overall the results were good and I'm happy that I went that route. Not sure how things may or may not have changed 10 years later so take my review for what it's worth :shrug:

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’d say travel if you can. Maybe post in the wanted section how much you’ll be willing to pay for shipping. If not give LMC a shot their customer service is usually pretty good if there are issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64