Lifted 85 chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevygirl

Reaction score
First Name
Sheila
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just recently purchased a 6 inch suspension lift (all springs, no blocks) for my 85 K10 custom deluxe short bed pick up. I'm trying to figure out what all that I need to extend, if anything. Thank you

Last edited:

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
You will need to get a steering arm , extended brake lines , sway bar extension, (if you keep it) , I always throw mine in the trash , may have to mess with e-brake cables , may have to extend the front drivshaft , (some trucks yes , some trucks no) , and lower the t-case mount an inch or so.

The t-case thing is with the slip in the case you may get a vibration at speed so you drop the case 1/2 inch to an inch with spacers to help that , every truck is a little different.

As far as the front shaft , it may make it to the yoke at the front diff but you will have very little spline's in the slip , so your front shaft , (if it make's it ) can pull out off road or wear out fast because of the spline thing , (better off to extend it imo.)

If you want to keep your sway bar , (I never do ) there is a cool kit out there that I have seen on this sight , (someone will chime in on it) but I dont know about it because I alway's ditch mine.

You also might want to think about ord's steering box brace kit , lift , big tire's = broken frame at the box , do it now and avoid problems later.

Hope this helps you get started and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yep that's just about sums it up!

Chevygirl

Reaction score
First Name
Sheila
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Unfortunately. Replaced gear box a few months ago and the frame now has a....bigger hole there. I was running 35's with a 3inch body lift. Very knowledgeable. Sounds like A Lot!! Soo worth it! Thank you

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/steeringkit.htm

This was the place I bought my bolt in steering brace from. Also on the link is the weld in repair if the frame was broken.

They also have the sway bar correction/disconnect kit. I was going to buy this- but to see how it would do I unbolted mine first to see what would happen. Since mine is a 3/4 ton the suspension is stiff enough that I don't notice any body roll at all, so just kept it off.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/swaybarkit.htm

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA