Lets see those 20" rims!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBBURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban SLS
Engine Size
454 7.4L
So after all my research I discovered that 20" rims were the best size because they have the cheapest tires @ $80/each. Only problem I didnt take into the equation during my research was the LOAD of the tires which are rated at Load Rating E because the Suburban weighs > 9,000 GWR. So now I am stuck with only having the choice of 1 single tire.... Again! Anyways here is a test of my new rims sitting on wood blocks to see how they look. Not bad for $150/set

You must be registered for see images attach

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
So after all my research I discovered that 20" rims were the best size because they have the cheapest tires @ $80/each. Only problem I didnt take into the equation during my research was the LOAD of the tires which are rated at Load Rating E because the Suburban weighs > 9,000 GWR. So now I am stuck with only having the choice of 1 single tire.... Again! Anyways here is a test of my new rims sitting on wood blocks to see how they look. Not bad for $150/set

Your suburban probably weighs closer to 4,000-5,000 pounds. The GVW includes the load in or on the truck.

BBBURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban SLS
Engine Size
454 7.4L
Detroit Steelies, with Atturo 25545R20 tires.

Thank you for posting this... These look like awesome high performance tires!!! Way better than the grandma tires most of these guys run. I think im going to get the same tires for my rims. These larger rims will also allow my larger brake calipers and my rear brake caliper kit which should be here in a day!! I dont know how these old timers run the old granny brakes and tires :rotflmao: big displacement requires big brakes and big brakes require big rims.

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Heres my Burb on 20's. Tyres are 275/45/20

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
Not a square in the crowd but there are a few pics with some 20’s

The 55 and the ss are mine.

The red 33 I built for a customer. He also owned the black 34 I built a custom interior for and did a bunch of mech work on.

what is your tire size on the 454 SS? ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk