Kids & Cars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockAuto

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
First Name
RockAuto
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
5.4L
Toilet paper may be in short supply, but there are now plenty of children wandering around aimlessly after their schools shut down and booted them out the door. Now is a great opportunity to get kids interested in cars. A little tinkering on cars can help teach them how to use their minds and hands to prevent and solve problems. Increased confidence and competence will make them better able to handle and enjoy life's challenges.

If they have replaced heater hoses on a car, then they probably will have the confidence to replace a leaky bathroom faucet in their own homes someday. Instead of feeling helpless and panicky when the toilet paper shelves are empty, they will stay calm, trusting in their ability to come up with their own solutions if necessary; rags, shop towels, thimbleberry leaves, dad's old hankies...

Car "tinkering" does not have to start big. A child's first car project could be as simple as learning how to properly wash a car. It is easy to forget that a younger child may not even yet know how to connect a garden hose to a spigot. He/she will beam with pride once he/she has that knowledge and sees how nice the family vehicle looks after the grime is washed away. The adults involved in all this mentoring will have memories of good times spent with the kids that drown out insignificant memories of empty toilet paper shelves.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thank you,
RockAuto.com

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
That is the truth!
I have involved my kids with cars as soon as they could walk and talk.
This is the day after my sons 9th birthday back in 2011.
I told him what to do and loosened the tight stuff.

This is him just a couple of months ago at the local Pick-N-Pull.
Removing a 454 / 4L80 with his buddies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmattly