Kick panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overthedge21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1010
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
My 87 v10 silverado has kickpanels, or at lat one on the passenger side. My issue is that they're vacuum operated, and i have no idea how the hoses run or where they go to, as my engine bay is missing some vacuum lines and I have no diagrams. Id like for them to work, as the AC is not in working condition, so windows and air flow are all I have for interior cooling. Any help would be great.

willhucks29

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
My 87 v10 silverado has kickpanels, or at lat one on the passenger side. My issue is that they're vacuum operated, and i have no idea how the hoses run or where they go to, as my engine bay is missing some vacuum lines and I have no diagrams. Id like for them to work, as the AC is not in working condition, so windows and air flow are all I have for interior cooling. Any help would be great.

There are two hoses in the inside of the cab on the passenger side from the AC box. One of them goes through the fire wall to the cowl panel (another vacuum in it also) and the other goes through the kick panel on the vacuum. It should have a little piece of rubber on the end with a loop on it. Most of them are a yellowish tint from the years.

Overthedge21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1010
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Where does it get the vacuum from, is it manifold vacuum or elsewhere?

willhucks29

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size

I believe it is a manifold vacuum ill have to check tomorrow but it i dont get back to you soon just remove your dash bezel and follow the hoses from the AC control and find the one that goes to the firewall. I currently have mine torn apart for restoration and will have to go to the shop to check the AC box

willhucks29

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Vacuum Line Diagram

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2875&page=2

Edit: these pictures show how the A/C is hooked up to vacuum.
The red line (diagram) is the source for the vacuum that comes through the firewall and connects to a T. One side of the t goes to a canister on the left side of the truck while the other side of the T goes to any convenient port on the carburetor or the manifold.

Hope this Helps

Will

:gm:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus