K30 frame width

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cjjones

Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
i need the width of the front frame on an 86' K30, did a 52" swap and think my frame may be tweaked in the front, I want to add a bar across to prevent any more twisting. if I could get the measurement from inside of frame to inside of frame at the front would be great.
thanks
CJ

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The frame rails run parallel all the way from where they terminate in the rear to a point just in front of the rear mounting eye for the front springs. At that point they start to make a gradual curve inward. The inward curve ends just forward of the front axle and they begin to run parallel again. They stay parallel for the rest of their length at the front terminations:

You must be registered for see images attach

So, if the x-member is to be added in the area where the rails stop running parallel and taper inward, its not possible to give you an accurate rail to rail inside dimension. But the good news is, my 86 K30 is currently down to just the frame and cab. I would be happy to get that rail to rail dimension for you - but you will need to provide an accurate description of the intended location. It doesn't matter what you use as a reference point. You can give the location as a distance from any easily accessible point on the frame or a component attached to it. For example: the front or rear spring mounting eye, the existing front cross-member, the motor (or transmission) mount support, etc.

You can use the dwg an parts list below to help decribe where you measured from:

Let me know.

On the other hand, if the modification is to be done either before the start of the inward curve - or after it ends - no longitudinal distance is needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
south456