K20 front driveshaft U-joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I pulled my driveshaft out last night because one of my front u-joints has needed replaced since I bought Old Red. I got the front joint out no problem, but I've never dealt with joints like the rears (nearest the tease). I looked up the parts at Oreillys and the joints they called for are the kind where the cap is recessed and a snap ring holds it in place. These look like they are pressed in, which I can't do. I guess my questions are:
1. How do I get these out/in?
2. Will a snap ring style u joint work?

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You can heat them until the glue squirts out of the little hole and the they will come apart. You can also place the cap on a socket or piece of metal and use a 3 or 4 lb hammer and drive them out. Place the joint cap on metal and hit as close to the joint cap as possible. Sometimes you have to get pretty rough with them. I use the hammer method. And yes, the replacement joints will have the clips that hold them in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31