Just another guy from Ohio....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Blayne

Reaction score
First Name
Blayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 1-Ton Crew
Engine Size
Thanks Everyone! I do like the color and will most likely repaint it that same some day. The interior is a bit weird, it has maroon carpet, seats, and dash pad. The lower dash is black, but above the dash the pillars and headliner are/were white. I've not decoded the build info yet, not even sure it'd specify that in there.

Today was fun, spent part of the day swapping out a bad power window motor, putting fresh bulbs around the truck. Still have to replace 2 bulbs in the roof mounted clearance lights. I took it for its first night drive last night and noticed the lights were surging. After a quick search looks like the lights need to be moved to a relay circuit. Not a big deal. Is there anything else I should move around as well, while I'm digging through wires?

Lostranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
Love it. Used to have a similar 79. Wish I’d held onto it.

Jim in NC

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
The lower dash is black, because that would most likely have been the base color of the truck, the silver being secondary. I seem to recall hearing that the upper trim in the crew cabs was always that lighter color. Can't recall the source for that, so not 100%. The red would have been whatever color was optioned for the rest of the inside.

Blayne

Reaction score
First Name
Blayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 1-Ton Crew
Engine Size
The lower dash is black, because that would most likely have been the base color of the truck, the silver being secondary. I seem to recall hearing that the upper trim in the crew cabs was always that lighter color. Can't recall the source for that, so not 100%. The red would have been whatever color was optioned for the rest of the inside.

Interesting. I'll dig a little deeper and see what I can find. The guy I bought the truck off of mentioned the odd color build. Thanks for the info.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

You are correct.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hay! I think @bucket is from Ohio?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yep, there's a whole gang of us here now. For a long time, it seemed like everyone was from Texas or Oklahoma...

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Seville Ohio here! Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts