It's a great day, no more POS Sniper!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I highly doubt it, for every one that had a horrible time with one like you there are 3-4 more that have had no issues. I'm going to the Holley tuning school in August. I'll ask them about it for you....
Is your shop going to start selling the kids and doing installs (or maybe y'all have already started)?

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Is your shop going to start selling the kids and doing installs (or maybe y'all have already started)?

I can get them through a couple of our suppliers. In not stocking any at the moment though. Some people have asked an I have quoted them but we haven't done one yet.

I am mainly going to the class to further my own knowledge for my use since I drive my truck so much an so far from home. I don't want to be reliant on someone else to fix any issues I might have. Secondary to that if I sell a system through the shop then I want to be able to support it as well.

I was planning to take the class before we went full bore with the shop anyway. At $200 I feel its worth the investment to understand the system in general and tweak it even better than it is.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Hopefully more than 3-4 more. If I have any issues, I’ll probably be **** outta luck. I’ve had mine uninstalled for over a year and I don’t recall the length of the warranty. Hope to fire it this week.

You should be fine. Just take your time on the install an keep any an all Sniper wiring away from the plug wires, coil and alternator wiring. Make sure you have good grounds everywhere. Make good connections, power an ground straight to the battery. An for gods sake read the instructions and the tuning manual you have to download from the holley website. 90% of the questions an complaints I see could be solved by spending 20 mins reading the manuals.

I'm not knocking anyone that had problems in particular. They have a right to be upset as the system isn't cheap at all. They are ones that your going to hear from though as those of us that are running it without problems are happy with it an don't have much to say about it except that it works and it works damn good...

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
You should be fine. Just take your time on the install an keep any an all Sniper wiring away from the plug wires, coil and alternator wiring. Make sure you have good grounds everywhere. Make good connections, power an ground straight to the battery. An for gods sake read the instructions and the tuning manual you have to download from the holley website. 90% of the questions an complaints I see could be solved by spending 20 mins reading the manuals.

I'm not knocking anyone that had problems in particular. They have a right to be upset as the system isn't cheap at all. They are ones that your going to hear from though as those of us that are running it without problems are happy with it an don't have much to say about it except that it works and it works damn good...
I’ve read the manual over a dozen times. I’m extremely particular and over analyze everything.

I didn’t buy the highest quality spark plug wires in the world, but they’re decent. They’re MSD StreetFire. Supposed to have decent insulation.

Question is, what in your opinion is the minimum distance from plug wires?

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I don't really have an answer for that. The most separation you can get is the best. If they must cross then do it at a 90* angle.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I highly doubt it, for every one that had a horrible time with one like you there are 3-4 more that have had no issues. I'm going to the Holley tuning school in August. I'll ask them about it for you....
I wish I could go to one of these. my wife and I haven't had any sort of vacation in 6 years due to our schedule and I feel like she'd **** a brick if I flew off to the national corvette museum to learn how to work on a sniper, lol.

diving into the tuning aspects of the software, there is so much you can do from a laptop. I'm a kinesthetic learner, so reading about it after work is when I'm tired is a slow go. just trying to learn a little every night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg