Intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ulf Ingelsson

Reaction score
First Name
Ulf
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverrado
Engine Size
Hi!
I´m an old retired guy with an old dream of restoring a c10. Ive been tinkering my whole life. Started out with old Triumph 650:s and then moved on to Japanese bikes. Since I live 20 miles outside of the city maintaining cars by myself has been an necessity. I had Vw, Saab, Citroen, Audi, Toyota & Honda.
A few years ago I started to fix a C10. Against better knowledge I bought a "basketcase". What convinced was minimum rust and a sandblasted rustprotected chassi. Bought a 305 and a Th 305 for economic reasons. Turned out that the car originally had an "olds" 5,7 diesel. I have to sort out whats diesel related and non diesel related on the car. Since c10 is a relatively rare bird in Sweden I have hope that you guys can help me out.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Ulf Ingelsson

Reaction score
First Name
Ulf
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverrado
Engine Size
Thanks guys!
If u think that I express myself in an odd way, please excuse me. English is my second language, third is german and fourth is french.
My restoration is a slow process. I have a semiprofessional sandblasting cabinet with vacum cleaning device. So far I´ve been painting some parts like the frontclip after sandblasting, the hitch is sandblasted and powdercoated. Since we are a metric country I have to buy all bolts at a tractor supply. All my tools are metric so I´ve been forced to buy new tools. To make things even more complicated, there are very few c10:s at the scrapyards in Sweden.
What paint do you guys use for body parts? I use a good Finish polyurethane paint, semigloss with rust protectant. Tikkurila RM40 semigloss. 1/2 Gallon (2,5 Litres) costs about 80 dollars with hardener. I reacts the same way as por 15 to direkt sunlight, it discolors. For chassies it´s excellent. I wonder if it is the same product or recipe?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size