intake tricks produce horse power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Gah!!! Double posts again!!!!!

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I have some big doubts on whether it does anything at all to add any kind of performance gain. Physics is not really in it's favor, regardless of what K&N would have you believe. In fact, turbulence at the venturi and in the intake manifold in general(at the tube walls) helps the fuel to mix and atomize with the air.

I'm thinking they are trying to say that the smooth transition helps the air to have a higher velocity when it goes through the venturi, which is not really how that works. We could get into some numbers and math on this, but as I've been told before on here, "that's nerd stuff" and probably not that interesting of a discussion for non-engineer types. Ultimately, my gut feeling is the marginal improvement in velocity you might get from this may or may not have any effect on overall engine efficiency or performance. It probably depends very heavily on your specific engine setup, and might even hurt performance in some applications.

I love these "performance parts" that have some completely useless statement like "physics of hydraulic coefficients".. lol. Always makes me think of this video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gotta love those Turbo-Encabulators!

You're right Eric. Smooth only works for very high velocity. That's why we don't polish intake ports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris