Intake is Outgoing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Crap look at all that **** on top of that engine!

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
dsteelejr Let me pop a valve cover and see what heads I have. Any idea of shipping costs? This would be great if it fits. I've read you can interchange square/oval but not peanut. Then again I've read you can interchange all three with the correct gaskets. Without any knowledge whatsoever, I want peanut with peanut I think.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Crap look at all that **** on top of that engine!
Yeah, Chevy cornered the market on rubber tubing this year. Gonna pop a valve cover tomorrow to see what heads I have. Hopefully I can get an intake, the one that's on it currently is just cold patched. I've memorized all the lines so I don't have to mark them. (Yeah Sure!)

Attachments

• 20210907_100654.jpg
    20210907_100654.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 104

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
dsteelejr Let me pop a valve cover and see what heads I have. Any idea of shipping costs? This would be great if it fits. I've read you can interchange square/oval but not peanut. Then again I've read you can interchange all three with the correct gaskets. Without any knowledge whatsoever, I want peanut with peanut I think.
You almost certainly have the small oval heads of some kind. They started putting them on the truck 454's in the early to mid 70's and didn't go back to a large oval until the Gen VI in 1996

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
You almost certainly have the small oval heads of some kind. They started putting them on the truck 454's in the early to mid 70's and didn't go back to a large oval until the Gen VI in 1996
I hope so, I'll find out for sure tomorrow. Chevy didn't go back to the large ovals till then but evidently LOTS of backyard mechanics did and I was told the top end of this one was done not too long ago.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Here is a current pic of it. Like I said earlier, it’s been off for a year now so it has some rust and will need to be cleaned up. The front water pump bypass fitting still needs to be removed. Otherwise it’s good. You can have it if you want to pay the shipping.
dsteelejr, I checked the head casting numbers and they are peanut. This manifold will fit and all fittings match what I need. If your offer still stands let me know what you need in order to ship it. REALLY appreciate it!
Jim

dsteelejr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
1973, 1980
Truck Model
Cheyenne super C20 camper special, Sierra K25
Engine Size
350, 454
dsteelejr, I checked the head casting numbers and they are peanut. This manifold will fit and all fittings match what I need. If your offer still stands let me know what you need in order to ship it. REALLY appreciate it!
Jim
Yeah, it’s yours. I work away from home in the oilfield. Monday is the soonest I will be able to get it shipped. Once I ship it I’ll let you know what the actual shipping cost is and if could send a money gram or whatever for the shipping that’d be awesome. You can email me the address you want it sent to. My email is my user name at yahoo.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Yeah, it’s yours. I work away from home in the oilfield. Monday is the soonest I will be able to get it shipped. Once I ship it I’ll let you know what the actual shipping cost is and if could send a money gram or whatever for the shipping that’d be awesome. You can email me the address you want it sent to. My email is my user name at yahoo.
The manifold that dsteelejr sent me works awesome. It's installed and the truck is running great. Idle is just a bit high but not enough to worry about and I think it will settle in once the rebuilt carb gets a little worn in. Lots of lessons learned such as at 75 the difference between the weight of an aluminum and steel manifold is monumental but "got r done". This forum helped a lot including finding the manifold, great site!

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 67

dsteelejr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
1973, 1980
Truck Model
Cheyenne super C20 camper special, Sierra K25
Engine Size
350, 454
@Jimbarry Definitely looks a lot nicer than that butchered aluminum intake.

That cast iron is a bit heavier, isn’t it? Gal at the post office was struggling with it. Her scale said the package was 54 pounds. I used about a whole roll of duct tape on the box because I was afraid of it bottoming out in transit.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
The manifold that dsteelejr sent me works awesome. It's installed and the truck is running great. Idle is just a bit high but not enough to worry about and I think it will settle in once the rebuilt carb gets a little worn in. Lots of lessons learned such as at 75 the difference between the weight of an aluminum and steel manifold is monumental but "got r done". This forum helped a lot including finding the manifold, great site!

Man - that looks awesome! Great job.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Where in ca are ya?
I’m in the Central Valley!
You should give me your dually. I could always use another!

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Where in ca are ya?
I’m in the Central Valley!
You should give me your dually. I could always use another!
You're the 3rd in line but not gonna be giving it any time soon.. I'm in the mountains of Julian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave84