intake gasket keeps blown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big fish

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
changed it three times already. keeps blown out front and back . someone told me it was my air cleaner. I have a edlb carb & air cleaner on it . but nothing hooked to air cleaner just to carb.I was told to hook to air cleaner not carb. If anybody know what I could do I would apperiate it .

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I had the same problem not to long ago, I bought the gaskets, I want to say they were Mr Gasket, but I don't remember the name. Bought new intake bolts used sealant on the intake bolts torq in proper order, and proper lbs, put a nice bead of silicone, (black RTV), and let set over night, and bought a new PCV, and a good crank case breather. The PCV will not vent it enough, and have not had a problem since. Make sure you have a good clean surface, on the block, and the intake.

Camo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 extended cab 4x4
Engine Size
4.8 V8
I dont use the rubber valley gaskets on the ends either. Just a thick bead of BLASK RTV. Let it sit up for about 30 min, Sit intake on it with a couple bolts on the end of the intake just finger tight for alignment. Let it sit a couple hours and torque it down. Let it sit overnight before you start it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man