Instrument Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cah2873

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hello,
I am new to the forum. My son and I are working on a 1984 Chevrolet K20 for his 1st ride that we got at a cheap price. You will see me on here asking several elementary questions about these trucks. The instrument cluster is hard to see so I removed it this afternoon. It looks as if I need to purchase a new clear lens to go over the gauges because it looks as if someone sprayed a cleaner on it and it smeared the lens. I also need a oil pressure and a temp gauge because they do not appear to be working. I was looking at some threads where LED lights have been installed into them also. My question is where is the best place to purchase an oil gauge, temp gauge, clear lens overlay and also a new bezel. It is cracked in 3 places so I would like to replace it? Also, if you have any advice, I am open to it.

Thanks in advance

CAH2873

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I would make sure the oil and temp gauges are the actual culprits and not the wiring or the sending units.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You might be able to use some 1000 or 2000 grit sandpaper then buff the lenses with a buffer to get rid of the haziness. I did this with a set of challenger headlight assemblies that someone had taken a scotch bright pad to. Sanded them and buffed them and they turned out perfect!

cah2873

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would make sure the oil and temp gauges are the actual culprits and not the wiring or the sending units.

Any advice on how to check the gauges out? I have removed the whole cluster and the 2 gauges plug into panel which goes out to the wiring harness. is there a way to check them out of the panel?

richard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
383 stroker
reinstall cluster find oil pressure switch remove wire turn key on if gauge pegs it is ok do the same with temp gauge

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD