I need help removing the heater core box from my 79 Chevy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Stoskopf

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Howdy guys! I have a 1979 3/4 ton pickup, factory A/C, and some mice decided to use my heater core box as a toilet, and i need to remove it so i can clean it all out. I'm not seeing any bolts that hold it in place, not sure if i needed to remove the A/C box on the firewall or not. Anybody know where those bolt/stud locations would be and how many there are? Thank you very much!

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
they are there, some inside and some out, no ned to remove the outer underhood portion. I removed one on our 86 with factory a/c. it's not hard and not many bolts either. Just look for the bolts and studs inside and remove the inside bolts, then I think 2 studs from the outside.

Kevin Stoskopf

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
thank you! I'll do some looking and see if i can find them! I took the A/C evaporater cover off anyway cause it was flooded with mice droppings, but thank you for the response :)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I have to fix mine, it's hanging flapping around in there under the dash and most of the air is blowing out under there instead of where you direct it too. Some ******* did a **** job putting a heater core in it and slapped it back together half assed. Even had bubble wrap jammed in the gaps. :shitsweak:

I will do a write up and pics when I tackle that and posit it here.

Kevin Stoskopf

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I finally got it out! i had to take all the A/C stuff apart as well! The odor is gone though :)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I finally got it out! i had to take all the A/C stuff apart as well! The odor is gone though :)

Did you take any pics at all? Got any tips to share with us?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
builder100