I am a V6 soccer mom now! Lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
It's the new norm. With new vehicles so expensive the used prices go up. Also reliability for all of them is up so there not dead at 250k with maintenance most vehicles can make it close to 300k with the reliable brands easily going to 400-500k assuming you don't city drive all those miles and do maintenance.

I understand that. I just couldn’t bring myself to buy one with that mileage.

Honestly people don’t seem as upstanding as they once were. Used to they would lay it all on the line. Most I visited this time around lied to me.

I found this used car lot owner that I bought the Caravan from to be more honest with me than most people. That says a lot. Lol

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
A little sumthin to get those creative juices flowing...or wheels turning.;)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I saw that build a while back. That is the most awesome mini van to exist. Being a Honda it has a larger base to gather from.

I honestly would have bought a Odyssey with 200,000 because well Honda. Just weren’t many around to look at.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
A little sumthin to get those creative juices flowing...or wheels turning.;)

@78C10BigTen sent me a video of a Pentastar V6 with a Corsa exhaust and damn it sounded good. They have a nice tone for a V6.

I could just do me and straight pipe it. LOL

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I almost forgot the coolest thing (To me) happened yesterday. Lol, I went from below a quarter tank to full with $28!

Thus far I am averaging 18.1 mpg mainly city driving.
I think you could get better MPG with that.
Best to get it out on the freeway and blow the gunk out of it.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I understand that. I just couldn’t bring myself to buy one with that mileage.

Honestly people don’t seem as upstanding as they once were. Used to they would lay it all on the line. Most I visited this time around lied to me.

I found this used car lot owner that I bought the Caravan from to be more honest with me than most people. That says a lot. Lol
I understand that. Been a few years since I bought a used car...and never have bought a new one. I liked the small lot I bought from. I didn't find any lies that I was told..and I got a price I thought was fair on the Sequoia we still have. When I sell something I am honest to a fault about it....even going as far to convince someone not to buy my Saturn when I went to sell it. It dropped a cylinder. I needed to sell a vehicle anyway m I did all the tests to make sure it wasn't something easy and then just sold it as it. I had people wanting to buy it and drive it on 3cyls. I just couldn't let them do it...they also we're fully aware it was only running on three but wanted to drive it like that once I said yes it would run, badly. I was like I don't know if it will run three miles , three minutes, three hours or three years like that, you really don't want this car. It worked out, I found a guy more than happy to give me a price we were both happy with and they planned to fix it.

That was a ramble job I just wrote...

I would drive a van!!! Wife won't! Man you can pack a lot of crap it one with those seats folded...and keep it dry and clean!!

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I understand that. Been a few years since I bought a used car...and never have bought a new one. I liked the small lot I bought from. I didn't find any lies that I was told..and I got a price I thought was fair on the Sequoia we still have. When I sell something I am honest to a fault about it....even going as far to convince someone not to buy my Saturn when I went to sell it. It dropped a cylinder. I needed to sell a vehicle anyway m I did all the tests to make sure it wasn't something easy and then just sold it as it. I had people wanting to buy it and drive it on 3cyls. I just couldn't let them do it...they also we're fully aware it was only running on three but wanted to drive it like that once I said yes it would run, badly. I was like I don't know if it will run three miles , three minutes, three hours or three years like that, you really don't want this car. It worked out, I found a guy more than happy to give me a price we were both happy with and they planned to fix it.

That was a ramble job I just wrote...

I would drive a van!!! Wife won't! Man you can pack a lot of crap it one with those seats folded...and keep it dry and clean!!

I was seriously hunting for a Sequoia. Closest to a Land Cruiser I will ever get. They have a phenomenal reputation.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was seriously hunting for a Sequoia. Closest to a Land Cruiser I will ever get. They have a phenomenal reputation.
Yea. I have a first Gen. There unbelievable reliable. From what I have seen and heard. Ours is an 04. Before they put the VVT in the 4.7L and I don't have an air pump or rear air bags.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Ok, so now that you have it,

How fast will it go?

Really. It's for a scientific study.

The one we rented we drove 85mph everywhere outside of CA. On our return trip we left The Stanley in Estes Park, CO and drove 16 hours to Kingman, AZ all at highway speeds except for when fueling or bathroom breaks. It was a solid van, I'm sure Brent's van is all as good as that rental.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus