How low is your transfer case?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Now that I'm putting a lift on my truck I've noticed how low the transfer case hangs. I'm curious how low others hang and if there is a way you could perhaps raise it up to give more ground clearance.

Also do different transfer cases hang lower than others? Like does a 203 sit lower than a 205 or a 208?

This is a picture of my truck with the 203 and I'd like to think I could lift it up..

Attachments

• transfer case.jpg
    transfer case.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 124

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That's not bad at all! You can barely see it lol What tranny? Im guessing a TH400 ? My 4l60/208 hangs down about 5 or 6 inches and Im gonna lower it another 1" as well. Important thing is to have the skid plate in place. so any rubs are rubbing the cross member not the case.

How much off roading are you seriously gonna do? I gave up wheeling cause I got sick of having to fix it after every wheeling adventure. And I didn't have enough money to build a serious off road rig. Now I have the money but no desire to go off road lol

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
TH350 under it. Yeah it has the skid plate in place. 6" low? Wow.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya, Besides when you get a real 4" lift it will sit a lot higher then she is now. I would put a 1" spacer in the back of some sort when you get the front springs sorted out.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
With 6" lift I had to lower my t-case for better rear driveshaft angle, yours looks fine. :cheers:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ya, Besides when you get a real 4" lift it will sit a lot higher then she is now. I would put a 1" spacer in the back of some sort when you get the front springs sorted out.

A zero rate will in the works to put the axle back where it belongs.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
A zero rate will in the works to put the axle back where it belongs.

Ya that will work. The rear wheel well, is exactly 1" lower to the wheel then the front. So if you put an extra 1" of lift in the back it makes the wheel openings look the same and jacks the whole back of the truck up that 1" to give it a little bit better overall stance.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
The T case is the one thing I never worry about since I have a skid plate under it.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The T case is the one thing I never worry about since I have a skid plate under it.

Wasn't worried about hitting it. Just wanted to make sure this was a normal thing :popcorn:

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Wasn't worried about hitting it. Just wanted to make sure this was a normal thing :popcorn:

I understand. Just covering the bases. I can't wait to see some pics of it lifted when it is done.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko